bb smoked google search

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by jed607, Jul 11, 2010.

1. jed607

jed607 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Can someone tell me which .png files I need to take from the smoked glass theme for bugless beast froyo 0.4 to get the google search widget to have the smoked look in another rom? I'm using sapphire and there's a smoked glass theme but the google search bar widget isn't themed. Thanks for the help in advance :)

2. ZeroBarrier

ZeroBarrier Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    system/app/GoogleQuickSearchBox.apk > \res\drawable-hdpi

search_floater.9.png

Remember to zipalign the GoogleQuickSearchBox.apk after replacing the widget background.

3. audioman42

audioman42 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Here's one I made. If you like it I'll upload it when I get back to my computer.

[​IMG]

4. jed607

jed607 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've never zipaligned anything before, maybe that's why whenever I tried to customize the drawable folders of an apk it wouldn't install or would fc all over the place. Thanks for the quick response! ill do some research on how to zipalign etc. Thanks again!

5. ZeroBarrier

ZeroBarrier Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Some market apps will not install if you modify them and didn't re-sign them, in this case you need to place the .apk in the /system/app/ folder.

This is because any .apk in the /system/app/ folder does not need to be signed. As for the FCs, I don't think it's because they're not zipaligned. it sounds more like you forgot to set the correct permissions after replacing the .apk with a modified version; remember to always set permissions for modified .apks to rw-r-r (chmod 644 in terminal emulator).

Enjoy theme'ing, it's fun and addicting as heck!!!

Search tags for this page
code

custom google search bar android

google quick search box blackberry mod
smoked google search bar