BB slowdown over time???

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by gdawg522, Dec 20, 2010.

1. gdawg522

gdawg522 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello everyone. I have been using BB since the v0.5 release and I love it. I have been searching everywhere on the forums to find the culprit of phone slowdown and lagginess. My phone has slowed down since installing the ROM and I can't pinpoint the cause. I have plenty of memory and there are no apps running in the background that slowdown the phone other than lookout security. I do use handcent and I have over 14,000 txt messages within all my threads. I was wondering if this can cause issues? Does anyone else use handcent and like to keep all their messages? Any help is appreciated. I have already cleared my dalvik cache and fixed permissions. Thanks again.

2. Explosivpotato

Explosivpotato Member

Ratings:
    +0
    14,000??? Are you sure that's not a typo? Every time my phone gets over 2000 texts or so it deletes all of them, regardless of which ROM I'm running or which SMS app I'm running. I find it dubious that you've been able to keep 14,000 of them. It's probably your problem.

3. qboggs

qboggs New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I noticed the same issue. I have about 9500 mesages in Handcent. It was fast at first. It takes like 5 seconds to open apps. Google talk takes about 10 seconds to open

4. speakercode

speakercode Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I was having fits whenever I'd get a txt message b/c handcent was sooooo slowwwww and then I realized that in 9 months of owning my droid, I hadn't ever deleted a txt message. So I backed them up and deleted all of my messages. MUCH better.

so yeah, using an SMS backup (I have wavesecure but there are others), back them up if you care, and then delete away. Should be much better.