BB runs great but every other ROM I try hangs @ the M

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by bdr0023, Jul 23, 2010.

1. bdr0023

bdr0023 New Member

BB 0.4 is running pretty smooth with chevys ulv 1.25. Redraws are annoying but I can deal unfortunatelu no other roms will get past the M. Tried kangerade, simply stunning, and ultimate, none would get past the M, nandroided back to BB and all is fine, but why does every other ROM hang up on me? Is it the kernel? I wipe data/cache at least 3 times for each new rom, still never gets past the M
  2. cupfulloflol

cupfulloflol New Member

This sounds like the problem I had. The problem is clockwork either doesn't work with the phone, or is corrupt, so essentially you have a working recovery. Which is why you don't boot into one. I tried manually booting into it (holding X, typing it in console among some other things). So you need to install a different one. The easiest way since you have ROM manager, would be to use it to flash an older version of clockwork, I am running 2.0.1.3 without issues right now.

There probably is more of a reasoning behind this, and a thread going on about it. But reverting to an older version fixed it for me. BTW I haven't touched BB and got this problem, so I assume it is the same one.
  3. cromo8

cromo8 New Member

you are right, its common and its caused by a bad clockwork

just reflash to an older one like he said
  4. zerosouls

zerosouls Soulless Droid Premium Member

Just flash the same recovery several times. Sometimes the first flash doesn't take.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  5. Syraz

Syraz New Member

as zerosouls flash clockwork before installing new room.

If hangs at M still, then boot into recovery and wipe data/cache 2 more times. That has already did the trick for me