BB qustion

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by lee__D, May 24, 2010.

1. lee__D

lee__D New Member

hey guys, noob here.

im running the stock rooted 2.1 by pete and i was trying to move to BB. From rom manager i tried to download BB V1.0. i backed up, cleared data (all via rom manager), installation and backup went smoothly, however when i got my phone back on it seemed buggy.

the boot animation would play twice, and whe nthe phone finally came on it was just laggy. i got it running ok and then tried the baseband update via rom manager, but thAT just looped the boot animation.

just wondering if this is a common problem, and if i would be better off installing from an update.zip on the sd card?

thanks everyone.
  2. titans

titans Premium Member Rescue Squad Premium Member

Okay so to clarify...you are getting boot loops and are unable to fully power on into the phone? By the way, I'm pretty sure the stock 2.1 by Pete already has the baseband update...clear data/cache twice and boot into your backup. Check your Baseband version, if it ends in 3p, you don't need to update it.
  3. lee__D

lee__D New Member

yes. just downloading BB w/o the baseband update worked and my phone came on.

then when i downloaded the baseband update i got boot loops. [i didnt need to update it, it already was 3p]

however, with out the update it was running laggy.

perhaps this is the problem: i read in the BB thread just now that u dont need set CPU, i reinstalled setCPU and overclocked with that.

should i just not worry about setCPU, and BB will overclock itself depending on what kernel u download with it?
  4. titans

Try clearing data and cache twice each, and then updating to BB.
  5. lee__D

lee__D New Member

will do, thx for the quick relpy.

Also,to clarify what i read from the other thread. Do i need to worry about reinstalling set CPU to overclock, or does BB just take care of that itself?
  6. titans

No problem. BB overclocks itself, so there is no need to use Set CPU, I'm pretty sure Pete said that even if you do use it, it will cancel it out, or something like that. Pretty bad idea, people can't use their profiles to save battery.
  7. lee__D

lee__D New Member

ic, cool. maybe putting set CPU back in was what was effing me up. we shall see.
  8. lee__D

lee__D New Member

it has to be something in my settigns. i did a wipe then installed it, worked fine. restored my apps, worked fine, restored data and settings, connstant restarting
  9. titans

What kernel are you using?
  10. superglen99

superglen99 New Member

Restoring your data has been said to be a bad idea. jut back up your apps with no data then restore them and that should work
  11. lee__D

lee__D New Member

alright, got it running smoothly and stably...one thing though, anyone having issues with gps giving them the wrong "my location" on maps. it's telling me a few towns over, lol

edit: redownloaded maps from the market, seems to be workging now.
    Last edited: May 26, 2010