BB on ESE81?

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by holmes, Apr 1, 2010.

1. HMJB

HMJB New Member

You guys realize that SPRecovery just helps Android be more Fragmented right? Android got some serious Fragmented problems and noobs being stuck on EZ Mode methods just need to let go and learn the new proper "standard" ways.

The amount of bandwagon hopping on this forums is sickening LOL
  2. dwagner88

dwagner88 New Member

Sorry but I don't agree. Forcing people to switch to a more complicated solution is only going to result in more bricked phones. Plus many of us don't want to have to learn a new method, especially since the current method works just fine.
  3. givequicheachance

givequicheachance New Member

I have a hard time believing that the different methods of installing ROMs are a big player in Android's fragmentation.
  4. czerdrill

czerdrill New Member

No chance. You are completely and utterly misinformed about how an android filesystem works.
  5. Riddick

Riddick New Member

1) Install Rom Manager from the market
    2) Hit the "flash recovery" button

Clockwork Recovery is easier to install than SPrecovery kid. But it barely works for a lot of people and has tons of problems. Almost every "I bricked my phone" thread is about Clockwork recovery. That's not because it's hard to install, that's because it's buggy as hell.
  6. Dmoralize

Dmoralize New Member

They guy that MAKES THE ROM is saying that this is the method he's using. I like his ROM the best so I'm going to install it using whatever method he's using and i'm not going to whine about it.

Plus i'm confident enough that i'm not going to brick my phone either way.
  7. czerdrill

czerdrill New Member

The guy that MAKES THE ROM also says the other method is fine haha. I'll stick with what I know.
  8. OpalCat

OpalCat New Member

That's why it's coming nowhere near my phone. As long as I can still do it the SPRecovery way, that's the way I'm gonna do it.
  9. hookerdj

hookerdj New Member

if you use clockwork the right way you will not brick your fone there is no possible way to brick your fone using it.....(a bricked fone is a paper weight nothing more nothing less) i suggest before you go off the deep end babbling about how bad clockwork is get the facts straight....
  10. czerdrill

czerdrill New Member

I don't think using clockwork will brick my phone. But I also don't see a need to switch update methods when both work fine. And I definitely know that SPRecovery doesn't cause more fragmentation over Clockwork :|...don't even know where the basis of that came up or why it was even included in this argument.

That being said BB 1.0 will be able to updated/installed through SPRecovery. And that's the way I'll do it when it comes out.
  11. natediddy1120

natediddy1120 New Member

Guys, don't make this thread an argument about which recovery image is the best...you can go on arguing about the 2 ALL DAY and no one will agree.

So let's just drop it?
  12. Riddick

Riddick New Member

When people say "I bricked my phone" they're mostly referring to the fact that they're stuck on the "m" logo or something and had to flash back to their phones original state or re-flash SPrecovery in-order to get their phone back to working condition. Just because you were lucky and something works for you that doesn't mean it would work for everybody.
  13. Dmoralize

Dmoralize New Member

Just to clarify, when the other guy was talking about fragmentation, he didn't mean it in the sense of files being fragmented in the device. I'm pretty sure he meant Android as a whole is fragmented into a bunch of different versions. 1.5, 1.6, 2.01, 2.1... each with a multitude of different ROMS and even different versions of recovery now on the Droid. The community is fragmented. Although, I personally don't think that's necessarily a bad thing.
  14. czerdrill

czerdrill New Member

Oh ok, that makes more sense, although I guess another word could have been used other than fragmentation. But again, if that is what he meant, I don't get his insinuation that using Clockwork is the "standard way" and sprecovery is "noobs operating on EZ Mode"...but ok.
  15. justicw

justicw New Member

Ok so when will BB on the new 2.1 come? I don't care how I get it I just want it LOL!!!

I have been using .9 for a while now and I love it very much. I am hoping that the newest BB rom from Pete will rock even more then .9 does

BTW Keep up the great work Pete!!!