BB on ESE81?

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by holmes, Apr 1, 2010.

1. Dmoralize

Dmoralize Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Clockwork gets a lot of updates. I personally preferred SPrecovery but I just switched to Clockwork the other day in order to check it out. Ultimately it doesn't seem like it's going to make much difference at this point. I'll do whatever type of install Pete recommends since that's probably how he's testing it.

2. darreno1

darreno1 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    As long as sprecovery is supported, I'm using that method. Also, so far, every update.zip I've installed has been flawless and I'd rather not have to do restore my programs and data every time.

3. givequicheachance

givequicheachance Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I can't wait for this. I've tried a bunch of ROMs (including the new ESE81 builds of Simply Stunning and CyanogenMod) and I keep coming back to BB 0.9

4. nateccnn

nateccnn Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Guys...didn't Pete already say you can use SPRecovery? It's just more steps involved?

Or did I read that on another site?

Anyrate...those who don't want to use CLockwark (myself included) can have their cake and eat it to...but you'll have to cut a peice yourself...LOL

I don't mind Clockwork. I used it and it does pretty much the same things SP does. Nice set of menus in the installer too. But I am getting darned good at SPRecovery and just know I'll screw soemthing up in Clockwork by not reading the options and thinking they say the same thing I am used to in SP. I'm sure I could get through the learning curve though. But right now I just don't have a problem with SPRecovery that needs a solution like Clockwork. So what's the point of learning a new recovery system?

Both of them work fine. Anyone bricking their phone is simply going too fast for their brain-eyeball inetrface...probably running overclock on their eyelashes to nose bridge.

Nate

5. droidman101

droidman101 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I agree, mostly because it seems that clockwork takes longer to do stuff than sprecovery. Someone ought to make an app that uses sprecovery(other that dmupdater). Would make it a lot simpler to do everything. But, I digress. Now back on topic.

6. HMJB

HMJB Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You guys realize that SPRecovery just helps Android be more Fragmented right? Android got some serious Fragmented problems and noobs being stuck on EZ Mode methods just need to let go and learn the new proper "standard" ways.

The amount of bandwagon hopping on this forums is sickening LOL

7. dwagner88

dwagner88 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry but I don't agree. Forcing people to switch to a more complicated solution is only going to result in more bricked phones. Plus many of us don't want to have to learn a new method, especially since the current method works just fine.

8. givequicheachance

givequicheachance Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have a hard time believing that the different methods of installing ROMs are a big player in Android's fragmentation.

9. czerdrill

czerdrill Silver Member

Ratings:
    +12
    No chance. You are completely and utterly misinformed about how an android filesystem works.

10. Riddick

Riddick Member

Ratings:
    +0
    1) Install Rom Manager from the market
    2) Hit the "flash recovery" button

Clockwork Recovery is easier to install than SPrecovery kid. But it barely works for a lot of people and has tons of problems. Almost every "I bricked my phone" thread is about Clockwork recovery. That's not because it's hard to install, that's because it's buggy as hell.

11. Dmoralize

Dmoralize Member

Ratings:
    +0
    They guy that MAKES THE ROM is saying that this is the method he's using. I like his ROM the best so I'm going to install it using whatever method he's using and i'm not going to whine about it.

Plus i'm confident enough that i'm not going to brick my phone either way.

12. czerdrill

czerdrill Silver Member

Ratings:
    +12
    The guy that MAKES THE ROM also says the other method is fine haha. I'll stick with what I know.

13. OpalCat

OpalCat Member

Ratings:
    +0
    That's why it's coming nowhere near my phone. As long as I can still do it the SPRecovery way, that's the way I'm gonna do it.

14. hookerdj

hookerdj Senior Member

Ratings:
    +0
    if you use clockwork the right way you will not brick your fone there is no possible way to brick your fone using it.....(a bricked fone is a paper weight nothing more nothing less) i suggest before you go off the deep end babbling about how bad clockwork is get the facts straight....

15. czerdrill

czerdrill Silver Member

Ratings:
    +12
    I don't think using clockwork will brick my phone. But I also don't see a need to switch update methods when both work fine. And I definitely know that SPRecovery doesn't cause more fragmentation over Clockwork :|...don't even know where the basis of that came up or why it was even included in this argument.

That being said BB 1.0 will be able to updated/installed through SPRecovery. And that's the way I'll do it when it comes out.