BB on ESE81?

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by holmes, Apr 1, 2010.

1. holmes

holmes New Member

I have been running BB v0.8 (ESE53 2.1ROM) with Pete's Smoked Glass Theme & ChevyNo1's 1.0GHz Kernel for weeks now. I Love it & dont want to loose any features I now have that the stock 2.1 would have me do without... (tethering, overclocking, etc...)

I'm Hoping Pete (I think thats who writes BB) is working on a ROM with all the bells & whistles of 0.8, but on the ESE81 platform, with maybe an easy-to-follow "how to" guide by someone like Matth3w :)

Thanks Bugless Beast & Matth3w...Im guessing im not the only one itchin for an update :greendroid:
  2. justicw

justicw New Member

I've been running .9 for a while now and I have it JUST the way I LOVE IT!!! I hope there will be an update with ESE81 soon that will let me keep things the way they are but just upgrade what's needed. I know that pete is working on something (he always is) I just can't wait :)
  3. Darkseider

Darkseider New Member

Pete is gearing up for a BB v1.0 release VERY soon. He and his team of beta testers are running it through its' paces. He has not released specifics yet but is now endorsing ROM Manager PRO and Clockwork Recovery and suggests setting those up prior to installing BB v1.0 when it is released.
  4. OpalCat

OpalCat New Member

Will we still be able to get it if we use SPRecovery?
  5. ogzer707

ogzer707 New Member

6. Riddick

Riddick Member

Better be an SPrecovery option that's supported as well because there is no way I am installing Clockwork on my phone for bugless beast. If you're going to resort to installing Clockwork and buying Rom Manager PRO then you'd be doing yourself a huge disservice to not simply use Cyanogen.

edit: "you do NOT have to switch to Koush's Clockwork recovery, it just makes it a little easier to install, in other words, you will have to manually update, or rename a file to update.zip yourself."

An update.zip is not acceptable, we need a nandroid. A data/cache wipe and fresh install is ALWAYS better.
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2010
  7. OpalCat

OpalCat New Member

Based on the threads I've seen, I am not willing to switch to Clockwork, either.
  8. jrl9851

jrl9851 New Member

What's wrong with clockwork? I have it and used it to install BB 0.9. Works flawlessly.
  9. Riddick

Riddick Member

SPRecovery works perfectly and is fine. Clockwork has bugs, some people have no problems but for others it's a hassle.

My real issue with Clockwork is that it's completely unnecessary, SPRecovery works and is stable... no one has problems with it. Why switch to a more temperamental recovery method that offers no benefits when the one we already have is perfectly fine?

If the main rom builders decide to shift the majority of their support to Clockwork then we have no choice but to switch. It's not like Clockwork is horrible, it's just not ideal. However if you're forced into switching then you should use Cyanogen(the reasons are obvious).
  10. crspang

crspang New Member

What are those obvious reasons for using cyanogen? I tried it and didn't like it. My battery life suffered and the launcher was really choppy with cyanogen.
  11. czerdrill

czerdrill New Member

Yeah every complaint thread and "bricked" thread I've seen involves clockwork...i'll stick with sprecovery, have never had a problem with it ever
  12. holmes

holmes New Member

SPRecovery has gotten me this far with no problems (& has helped me recover from a 1/2 dozen boot loops). If we've installed & have been using these ROM's... I think most of us can handle renaming a file to "update.zip"

That being said, I can't wait for v1.0 ... however I install it!
  13. freakboy2539

freakboy2539 New Member

I personally wont update if its gotta be done with clockwork. I tried it and SPrecovery is much easier. Also the fact clockwork has made many bricks my phone included.
  14. nuclear

nuclear New Member

I'll jump on the opinion bandwagon here...I've been using Clockwork for a few weeks and haven't had any problems yet; and plan on continuing to use it. I backup/restore at least a dozen times every week and it's been reliable every time.

I'm curious to know how people could be having such drastically different experiences with it.
  15. Riddick

Riddick Member

Update.zip is not the best method for installing roms. You need to wipe your data/cache and install a fresh nandroid. 50% of the problems people have with new roms are eliminated when they wipe their phone and reinstall fresh. If you have titanium then it takes 5 minutes to reinstall all of your apps, data, and settings again.

Cyanogens biggest negative is clockwork however if we're all using clockwork anyway then that negative is eliminated. Bugless Beast is the best rom that supports sprecovery, Cyanogen is the best rom over-all with the most potential. It's updated regularly so if you had problems before they might be fixed now.
  16. Dmoralize

Dmoralize New Member

Clockwork gets a lot of updates. I personally preferred SPrecovery but I just switched to Clockwork the other day in order to check it out. Ultimately it doesn't seem like it's going to make much difference at this point. I'll do whatever type of install Pete recommends since that's probably how he's testing it.
  17. darreno1

darreno1 New Member

As long as sprecovery is supported, I'm using that method. Also, so far, every update.zip I've installed has been flawless and I'd rather not have to do restore my programs and data every time.
  18. givequicheachance

givequicheachance New Member

I can't wait for this. I've tried a bunch of ROMs (including the new ESE81 builds of Simply Stunning and CyanogenMod) and I keep coming back to BB 0.9
  19. nateccnn

nateccnn Member

Guys...didn't Pete already say you can use SPRecovery? It's just more steps involved?

Or did I read that on another site?

Anyrate...those who don't want to use CLockwark (myself included) can have their cake and eat it to...but you'll have to cut a peice yourself...LOL

I don't mind Clockwork. I used it and it does pretty much the same things SP does. Nice set of menus in the installer too. But I am getting darned good at SPRecovery and just know I'll screw soemthing up in Clockwork by not reading the options and thinking they say the same thing I am used to in SP. I'm sure I could get through the learning curve though. But right now I just don't have a problem with SPRecovery that needs a solution like Clockwork. So what's the point of learning a new recovery system?

Both of them work fine. Anyone bricking their phone is simply going too fast for their brain-eyeball inetrface...probably running overclock on their eyelashes to nose bridge.

Nate
  20. droidman101

droidman101 New Member

I agree, mostly because it seems that clockwork takes longer to do stuff than sprecovery. Someone ought to make an app that uses sprecovery(other that dmupdater). Would make it a lot simpler to do everything. But, I digress. Now back on topic.