BB is so far behind other ROMs, it's crazy...

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by velocity92c, Sep 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. velocity92c

velocity92c Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So I tried 0.5 for the hell of it, having been a former BB user since 3 or 4 releases before pete's first froyo ROM up until 0.4 and man, BB has really fallen behind in almost every way. I know it has one of the biggest followings but the product released after waiting 2 or more months is subpar at best.

Note : I know Pete got a droid X, but so did cvpcs and sniffle, and they're cranking out ROMs for 3 or more phones now. Sapphire, UD, and even ChevyNo1 have all surpassed BB and it's really not even close. For you hundreds of people scared to try something else, I was just like you. But the feeling of loading a much quicker, more stable ROM with better battery life that gets updated all the time is nice. Not to mention built from source ROMs are just better generally anyway. I know that's not a popular opinion around here but it's true.

Before I get flamed off the board I would like to thank pete for his hard work. I've already donated 3 times to pete for his ROMs but it's time to let BB die. There are plenty of fish in the sea fellas.

2. superbalde

superbalde Member

Ratings:
    +0
    In what ways has BB fallen behind?

I find this to be the fastest ROM out there and I haven't had ONE redraw, even w/ Nav, Dolphin HD, Opera, and music playing all at the same time.

3. velocity92c

velocity92c Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Features and speed. It's funny you haven't had a single redraw. Actually it's very funny because it's not true. I had at least 5 or 6 in the one hour I tested 0.5. Lockscreen music controls, tweaking entire UI in nearly anyway you want, actual performance enhancements you can tweak yourself (compcache solved redraws for me and many others), built in CPU clocking (that you can adjust, unlike BB) with built in scaling governor, custom kernels built SPECIFICALLY for the ROM, changing the audio signal processing and the list goes on and on. These are just the features of Sapphire that make it better than BB. pete has been making BB MUCH longer than cvpcs/sniffle have been making Sapphire and it just blows it away. And Sapphire is just one ROM that's better.

People's big defense for pete's ROM is that it just works, no need for features. Well sapphire just works too, faster, even with all the added features. Battery life isn't close either, and I have the battery graph data to prove it.

Anyway I figured this would fall on deaf ears, you BB addicts are like an angry mob. Just do this : make a nandroid backup and give sapphire a try. I was skeptical too but my mind changed quick. What's to lose, 15 minutes?

4. pyro6128

pyro6128 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +8
    How did compcache resolve your redraws, and how does one go about getting/using it?

5. velocity92c

velocity92c Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Check the sapphire forums for a detailed explanation of what compcache does. It is an option for sapphire users to enable or disable. I don't think it is an option to BB users though pete may have a script for it.

6. chomorro

chomorro Member

Ratings:
    +1
    While we are on the subject of other roms. I went to project elite and it was faster then bb in benchmarks probably because of the 1ghz kernel. I am now on bbv5 because I want to try it out. Runs great so far. Only problem I had with project elite was wifi disconnecting, but solid rom for peeps to check out ;). Haven't tried sapphire.

7. ZeroBarrier

ZeroBarrier Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Then please, by all means stay in the cvpcs forum; instead of coming into another Devs forum and slamming his work. We really don't need people trolling like this.

Don't like Pete's work, then don't use it, your choice.

8. USCChem

USCChem Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Angry mob? You're the one coming into another dev's forum to trash them and suggest other ROMs.

I, like many others, have tried like all of the ones here and like BB the most. Okay? Leave us alone, GTFO.

9. superbalde

superbalde Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Wow, so you come in and just straight call me a liar. I really haven't had one redraw with 5 screens on launcher pro. I have the music, pandora, batterystatus, retro date and 5 picture widgets all running. I've opened opera, dolphin hd, navigation and play music ALL AT THE SAME TIME and switch between the apps to test and NOT ONE REDRAW (and yes, I did this WHILE DRIVING so the navigation was on). The fact you came in here and called me a liar is pretty crass.

I've used all of the ROMs with its own forum here on droidforums. I've used sapphire, simply stunning, , project elite, smoked glass, cm5, cm6, lithium mod, kangerade, UD, and some others i can't recall off the top of my head.

I'm very pleased w/ BB because of the speed and NO redraws so far(who knows, it could act up later which is the common case for all ROMs I've used).

Yeah, I do miss SetCPU and all the profiles I made and carry between all of the ROMs (I haven't found a way to make SetCPU work at all on this ROM, changing kernals doesn't help either but BB runs quite fast at its stock 800mhz anyway). BB is definitely low on the features but it actually works really well for me as is. Compcache was a big let down for me. It could have been cm6's method of compcache but after about 45 min, it seemed like compcache really slowed my phone down. Unlocking the phone would take forever sometimes. Again, this is all personal preference. BB just works for me because everything is ready to go right away.

Don't get me wrong, Sapphire is fantastic. Maybe my Droid is just picky but BB runs faster on it. :)

10. JasonAsWell

JasonAsWell Member

Ratings:
    +2
    [.QUOTE=superbalde;850052]I've opened opera, dolphin hd, navigation and play music ALL AT THE SAME TIME......WHILE DRIVING so the navigation was on).[/QUOTE]
    :icon_eek:
    Do us all a favor and put the phone down when you're driving.

While the OP is lacking in tact, a valid point has been made.

11. superbalde

superbalde Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ahaha, at the light! And the phone isn't in my hand, it's on a dash stand. There's no way I press any more buttons than the Forward or Backwards on the Music Player while driving, that's too dangerous to be looking at the tiny screen for letters and such.

Thanks, you just reminded me I need to reinstall my SMS auto respond app for when I drive. ;-)

12. droidbionic

droidbionic Member

Ratings:
    +0
    BB V0.5 is awesome!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.