bb froyo .2 screwed my phone

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by x25064, Jun 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. x25064

x25064 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    So I installed v.2 yesterday and uninstalled within ten minutes. Very sluggish. Now it has ruined the news and weather and market updates on my phone after several wipes, restores, and reflashes of v1.0.

What the hell? This is really irritating..

2. GeLopez

GeLopez Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Yea that pete said I'm gonna mess your phone up.

3. Tanknspank

Tanknspank Beta Team Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I think the news and weather isn't working very well lately for anyone... so I don't think pete's rom did this, but the market had been a problem ever since froyo came out.

4. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +7
    Everybody, even stock phones are having problems with the news and weather app. That has nothing to do with BB.

5. Darkseider

Darkseider Senior Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Nothing wrong with Pete's work. Like Hookbill said it was a problem for everyone regardless of ROM, root, etc...

EDIT: Very sluggish and you only gave it 10 minutes? LOL. OK. I can see who the top poster in the "Froyo Problems" thread is most likely to be.

6. FDFTW!!

FDFTW!! Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It was probably syncing all of your apps and stuff, and you went "OMGWTFBBQ!" and went back to 1.0. Patience, Daniel-san!

7. christim

christim DF Super Moderator Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +2
    The official 2.2 Android for our phones is not out yet. That leaves those of us who want those features with a few options. Taking any of those options is our sole responsibility. To think and act otherwise will only make the phone manufacturers try harder to not let us root and modify our phones.

The rom in question is version .2 which isn't even a full release number. Roms don't just hop on our phones. We put them there. We do so at our own risk. We have the option of being the first one to grab a rom or we can read about other's experiences and then decide.

With that being said, it isn't hard to go back to stock and "undo" whatever has happened to a phone that has results we don't like. In fact, that would be one of the first things I'd want to know...how to get back, just in case.

Sorry your experience wasn't what you expected. Another approach is to list out what isn't working and see if others can lend a hand.

Ruined the market? In what manner? What errors? What behavior?

8. justin82

justin82 DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +216
    +1 on what he said.. This Forum has a rescue squad (Filled with knowledgable people that are respectful), mods, and members willing to help you out..(And in Christim case mod + rescue sqaud) all we need is a list of problems to see if we can help. . so give us all details of whats going on and we will try our best to help you out..

9. dilleyo

dilleyo Member

Ratings:
    +0
    see he knows its all on you no one else made you try that rom out

10. x25064

x25064 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Just like Bill Gates said he made vista to ruin everyone's PC. Stupid answer, stupid reply.

"LOL" looks like you were one of the ones who didn't bother to read any of the posts in that thread which is exactly why I had to constantly repost. Good one bub. PS -- 10 minutes or 10 days a rom doesn't magically speed itself up. Hur.

Nope I let it sit for a good 25 minutes before I started normal usage. That was after reflashing 4 times after no one's (chevy, P3Droid) kernal loaded properly, all the way down to 1 ghz.

Not to be rude, since you weren't being a smartass or anything, but as I originally stated in the OP, I have restored the phone several times through SPR in which the problem still exists even on rooted vanilla 2.1.

To be more specific --
    News and weather app will not load, as others have stated this may be due to a server error BUT it only started happening as soon as I got a stable boot up out of BBF v.2, so while it may be a coincidence I am not ruling the ROM out just yet.

Also, to be specific concerning the market, the updating no longer functions properly. The update displays, asks permission, and as soon as I hit install the small note that update is installing appears briefly and then nothing. No download, no progress, nothing. Its as if the market completely ignored the command given.

Thanks to those who are trying to help, to those that didn't -- find a better hobby other than trolling, no ones impressed.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2010
  11. bje1982

bje1982 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    (quote)"LOL" looks like you were one of the ones who didn't bother to read any of the posts in that thread which is exactly why I had to constantly repost. Good one bub. PS -- 10 minutes or 10 days a rom doesn't magically speed itself up. Hur.(quote)

(quote)Nope I let it sit for a good 25 minutes before I started normal usage. That was after reflashing 4 times after no one's (chevy, P3Droid) kernal loaded properly, all the way down to 1 ghz.(quote)

Didnt your original post say you uninstalled it after 10 minutes or am I trippin???? Maybe you shouldnt of rooted your phone because your obviously unrealistic...

12. x25064

x25064 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    10 minutes after the "wait" period suggested in the thread for BBF .2

How is me wanting apps that came with my phone and worked on bb v1.0, being unrealistic? I'd like you to please explain that one for me.

Also -- if you are referring to sluggishness its simple - one rom worked very well, a newer one decreased performance. Happens all the time with electronics. Not uncommon, not "unrealistic". Especially if the previous version met my expectations.

13. x25064

x25064 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Updates seem to be working now, I am performing them as I type this. We can rule that out for now.

14. elohel

elohel New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Let me preface my comment by explaining that I am an IT Systems Engineer. I work with servers, switches, desktops, laptops, SANs, and various other equipment every day. I've learned that no matter how much I might screw up any given device, I can always just re-flash or restore a backup and be back to normal.

This thread is titled "bb froyo .2 screwed my phone". This comment will draw many people to defend Pete and his work, including myself. Given its inflammatory nature, you should not expect "friendly" comments in reply to your issues.

It is obvious that you feel you are having problems with an EXPERIMENTAL ROM. I, too, had problems as well - which is why I restored a previous backup of v1.1 I was running. As with a backup, it is a 1:1 COPY of your previous setup. Problems that arise going back to a copy, problems that didn't exist before are assuredly NOT due to a ROM that no longer exists on your phone (given that you wiped DATA/CACHE).

I ask that you please be respectful to others. Nobody likes being attacked, you, me, or Pete.

So, to answer your question,

How is me wanting apps that came with my phone and worked on bb v1.0, being unrealistic? I'd like you to please explain that one for me.

Simple. V1.0=Stable. v0.x=Experimental. Man, I didn't expect CRAP to work right when I installed it, I don't know why you did...

It's my recommendation that the moderators shut this thread down before it gets too hot.

15. Shadez

Shadez Super Mod/News Team Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +205
    Current Phone Model:
    HTC One M8
    Twitter:
    @Shadez69
    We all started noticing it the day Hook got to tour google..<g>

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.