BB broke my phone??

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by Goblynn93, Jun 4, 2011.

1. Goblynn93

Goblynn93 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    D1, 2.3.3 GPA15 before attempting more tweaks last night...

Last night I went from GPA15 (which I should have never left) to CM07 (latest Nightlies version available from ROMManager) which is horrific... and then attempted to install BuglessBeast (using ROMManager to install a download from Peter's website) and now my phone is broken. Or seems to be.

I wiped Dalvik cache because Peter's instructions say "Installation Notes:
    -Wiping data & cache is MANDATORY". Didn't realize Davlik cache wasn't included in the "wipe cache" general statement.

The Power Button on the phone no longer works. The only way too boot the phone is to plug in the power. Half the time the phone won't even power on this way, especially if I have the slider open. Close the slider and it powers on immediately (only with USB plugged in).

The phone boot gets stuck at the M during boot.

Holding X does nothing. I am guessing because I am not using the Power Button (because its doing nothing) that I can't get into the recovery...

Any ideas??
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2011
  2. buellboy9

buellboy9 Member

Ratings:
    +7
    Sounds like what happened to me when I was rebooting after a Sourcery install. Try yanking the battery (to turn off the phone), slide out the keyboard, press and hold the "X" key, and reinsert the battery. If the phone doesn't reboot, keep your finger on the "X" and press the power button. Does it boot into recovery, or does it get stuck at the "M" logo still?

If that happens, then you've got the same problem I had. You need to get a copy of RSD Lite (Google it, it is available from multiple sources) and the FRG83G SBF file from Pete's home page.

Then CAREFULLY follow the instructions found here:
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...-using-rsd-lite-flash-sbf-file-correctly.html

That should bring you back to a stock working phone and you can reroot and restore your backups from your SD card.
  3. Goblynn93

Goblynn93 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've tried every combination I can think of to try and get the hold x thing to work...

phone will not power on using the power button...

holding x and power and putting in the USB to power the phone doesn't work.

If I can't get into the bootloader will RSD help me? I thought you had to get past the M to do anything...

Update: So I downloaded RSD (flashed on an older laptop last time) and was all prepped to start fixing this... plugged my phone into my laptop and it immediately powered off. Nothing will turn the phone on while its plugged into my laptop.

If I plug the phone into wall charger it boots to the M.

If I unplug the phone it powers down immediately.

The phone will not power on using the Power Button.

I put my battery into a friends Droid and it still reads 75-80 battery level. Tried her fully charged battery in my phone, no go...

P.S. if you're riding a Buell I'm jealous =)
  4. buellboy9

buellboy9 Member

Ratings:
    +7
    It worked for me. Only problem with the directions pointed out above is that you cannot power off the phone if the USB cable is plugged into the computer... you can't turn off a Droid if it's charging.

What I had to do was pull the battery, slide out the keyboard, insert the USB and then hold the D-pad button in the "Up" position as I slid the battery back into place. Talk about finger gymnastics!! But it worked.
  5. UNC

UNC Active Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I don't know how you could consider CM7 "horrific".... You must've missed something on the install....

Now in order to fix your problem, just do a battery pull and hold up on the d-pad when reinserting the battery... This will boot it into Fastboot... From there you can SBF safely using RSDlite.
  6. buellboy9

buellboy9 Member

Ratings:
    +7
    Yep, have a 2009 Buell 1125R and a 1999 BMW K1200LT in the garage. Going out riding a bit later. :)
  7. Goblynn93

Goblynn93 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    @UNC:
    I found CM07 to be horrific because the interface (ADWLauncer?) force closed often, the phone completely locked up several times, the Market app didn't work at all, and it killed my over-night charge battery in about 1.2 hours.

@Buell:
    Ok I'm gingerbread green with envy right now lol! I've got a '98 Suzuki Intruder 800 (my first bike ever!) and I love it but I'd love a rolling couch like the K1200LT or a Goldwing... Got to have something to dream about right!

(falls asleep to Droid Bionic rumor pages...)...

(wakes up and says...)

I will try the battery insert trick now that I'm refreshed from my nap!

Thanks for the input, I will let you know how it goes.

Update: Ok I got the bootloader 2C.7C to load up finally... it was a masterful bit of dexterity but I think I can do it again =)

The phone is telling me Low Battery, Cannot Program.

Does the battery charge while its on the M screen? If not then I'm in trouble because too many attempts has killed my battery and my friend with the other Droid is gone. Maybe if I just leave it plugged in for a long long time... lol

What does it mean when I plug the phone into my laptop USB (usb3) and the light on the side turns on but the phone itself stays off??

Update: Ok there's an odd duck... I got Clockwork Recovery to boot... but I did it by having the phone turned off, battery in, then plugged in the USB and held X... and that's all I did, no Power Button, no pressing Shutter and VolUp at the same time... It just booted straight into Recovery! I am attempting to reload BB and see what happens... No go on BB... I am now trying to reload an old nandroid backup, my "Original" backup lol not even sure how old that is but I know its 2.2 something, maybe 2.1 not sure. Here goes!

P.S. You -can- (or at least I can...) have a Droid plugged in USB without it turning on. Well, at least with mine, if I have the phone off and hold the Power Button while plugging it in the phone will stay off when I release the Power Button.
  8. UNC

UNC Active Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Works great for me, but I can't tell you how it works for you! I can accept your answer. I was just curious because it has breathed new life into my Droid!!! BB used to be my preferred ROM on the Droid, but CM6 completely swung me back to their side. I used to run ONLY CM on my ADP1... But that was AGES ago.
  9. Goblynn93

Goblynn93 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    @UNC:
    CM used to be my mod of choice until the GPA roms from Peter Alfonso. I like the clean barebones feel of those. CM has great features, don't get me wrong I wish it worked! But the performance and FC and battery issues killed it for me. For now...

Liquid is working very well on my phone as a contrast... though I am eagerly awaiting GPA16...
  10. UNC

UNC Active Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Check out this thread if you want to give CM7 another shot.
Search tags for this page

a855 motorola droid for boost mobile

how to open up padphone n9776 to fix charger input

my pad phone n9776 usb insert broke