BB and setcpu?

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by Vandy343, Dec 7, 2010.

1. Vandy343

Vandy343 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    What is recommened for BB. Should I use setcpu or should I uninstall it and let it control its self?

I'm horrible with grammer I know :p

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

2. bthomp21

bthomp21 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    recommended is not to use setcpu, peter has set it to 800 i believe and is stable. but i guess its just up to you how fast you want to overclock it, etc. some work great, others dont. just test the waters. i am using chevys low voltage 1ghz and its smooth.

3. Stelv

Stelv Silver Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Idk I think you can go either way. I used set cpu in bb.5 for profiles to extend battery life (when battery gets to 20% you can underclock it). I don't think you have to worry about overheating with 800. You can also underclock it with screen off.

Check out overclocking 101 thread on this site

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

4. rlarson_mn

rlarson_mn Member

Ratings:
    +1
    What I did is set mine as high as the kernal would allow and tested for stability and heat generated by the cpu. Found for me (and each phone is different we are finding out) that I can have my phone set at 1200MHz.

I also have a profile in SetCPU made to throttle the CPU speed back to 700MHz when the CPU temperature exceeds 50C. So far the only time that has kicked in is when driving using the google maps GPS.

#4 rlarson_mn, Dec 8, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2010
  5. Stelv

Stelv Silver Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Yea I use set cpu on every ROM I use. I am able to get to 1100Mhz without comprising battery or heat.

6. Vandy343

Vandy343 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Cool thanks guys I just asked because I saw someone said that there phone ran faster without setcpu. I run chevys 1000 kernel to save battery since my schools 2nd use is a fallout shelter. So pretty much no reception. Thanks for all your help been a lurker for awhile finally decided to post!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk