BB.5 worth switching to from sapphire?

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by hakaida, Sep 24, 2010.

1. hakaida

hakaida Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Opinions of those on sapphire that made the switch? I used to use bb.4 but switched over to sapphire and like it, but was wondering if bb.5 is worth switching to.

2. Sanitarium09

Sanitarium09 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I switched from bugless to sapphire when sapphire 1.0 came out. Its a fine rom but quite buggy. Now I'm back on bugless since its finally been updated. So far so good. It seems a bit faster then sapphire and I like that pete doesn't try to outdue others by adding all kinds of extras that more or less just cause bugs. I had a lot of audio issues with sapphire and they are still there in 1.1.1. Its worth switching back imo.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

3. Invader DJ

Invader DJ Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I was on the beta 1.1.2 version of Sapphire before I tried out BB 0.5 and so far the speed and stability of BB is outweighing Sapphire's features. I do miss the reboot option and the rotary lockscreen, but other than that it is smooth.

4. Big D

Big D Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm wondering this as well.

I finally got 1.1.1 working pretty well. Lots of redraws for some reason though.

5. superstang28

superstang28 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I went from bb v.4 to sapphire just to try something new while waiting for bb v.5 to drop. I liked the customization aspect of sapphire but there were alot of little bugs that annoyed me. Switched back to bb v.5 the other day and so far it is less buggy, snappier, and the battery life is pretty damn good.

6. Vindii

Vindii Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Sapphire runs really good on my Droid. Best out of about 3-4 I tried. Biggest thing I noticed about it is that the battery life sucks. BB has much better battery life. I'm going to try V5 tomorrow and see how that is.

7. Jasko

Jasko Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry to threadjack somewhat, but I don't know what I did yesterday.

I've been running Sapphire 1.1.1 and loving it. I wanted to revert back to BB to try .05. I downloaded it, wiped data / cache, installed BB .05. Half of my applications were not found on my phone and I wasn't liking the missing Reboot option from the shutdown menu.
    so, I redownloaded ROM Manager and went to Restore ROM to put Sapphire back on my phone. It installed Sapphire back, but it then said my SD card was corrupt and needed to be formatted..... losing ALL my pictures/video/audio/apps/everything. UGH.
    At this point, I'm just going to stick with Sapphire. I like it's ability to drop the screen to brightness of "2" on auto dim for those late night phone sessions in bed with my lady.
    I don't experience any bugs with Sapphire, but was a fan of BB .04. Maybe the next update I'll jump ship to try again.