1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

BB .4, market "stuck" updating an app

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by c0Ld, Jun 30, 2010.

1. c0Ld

c0Ld New Member

My market is stuck downloading an update to rom manager, and hitting cancel force closes it and doesn't cancel it. I've tried clearing my cache with no luck. I also tried uninstalling the app and now I can't reinstall it because it's still stuck updating. Any ideas? I know it might not be related to bugless beast, but I'm not having any luck in other forums either and I really, REALLY don't want to wipe for such a stupid reason :(
  2. jkhouw1

jkhouw1 New Member

this is basically the same thing that happened to me with installing google maps. - search the first thread here for how to get google maps to install, and it might work similarly for your new app.

it was something like
    sysrw
    uninstall com.google.android.apps.maps
    (...delete some other file i don't remember..)
    sysro

maybe you can do the same with the app you are having issues with...
  3. Executioner

Executioner New Member

Same here :icon_eek:
  4. c0Ld

c0Ld New Member

My solution ended up being deleting the app via manage applications, and then cancelling the download by long-pressing rom manager in my downloads menu as opposed to opening it and pressing cancel. After that I was able to reinstall it perfectly. Strange, strange issue... shrug, as long as it works now.
  5. NeverEndingXsin

NeverEndingXsin New Member

you could also try going to manage applications and find the "Market" application, click on it and clear the data in it.
  6. c0Ld

c0Ld New Member

Hah, I had no idea that the market itself was listed in the stock application manager. Awesome!
  7. chomorro

chomorro New Member

Same problem here but for other apps. I thought it was because i had used the apps2sd -e script, so i changed to apps2sd -a. Which worked for one app, but the next app i just had to cancel and redownload three times. Third time was a charm lol. Im on v.3 though.
  8. cnul8rguys

cnul8rguys New Member

i had the same issue, go in and clear data under installed applications under your settings tab, this fixed my problem 100%
  9. c0Ld

c0Ld New Member

Yeah, difference with my problem is that when I tried to cancel the download the market merely force closed and didn't cancel it. Also, I love how the BB forum found multiple solutions and my thread over on the rescue squad forum still has no replies.
  10. Breakmyfootoff

Breakmyfootoff New Member

Mine was doing the exact same thing while trying to update Handcent. If I tapped on the download to open it and then tapped the "cancel download" button it would force close. Finally I tried long pressing on the handcent download in the screen where it shows all your downloaded apps under your current downloads and an option to cancel the download popped up there. I tapped that and it cancelled it without force closing and I was able to download and install it with no trouble after that.
  11. MrMan

MrMan New Member

I'm having the same problem, and don't seem to have a fix. I cleared the data and cache under the market in settings, applications. went back in and tried to download an app and it just hangs no matter which app i choose. It's trying to download but can't.
    I'm pretty sure this message pops up quickly:
    the application market process com.android.vending has stopped unexpectedly
    then abruptly goes away.
    so far, no app will download for me. any ideas??
  12. nyijedi

nyijedi New Member

I occasionally have this problem, as well as a really slow market.
  13. MrMan

MrMan New Member

update:
    i ended up reinstalling the rom and X theme and all seems to be working better.
  14. yusky03

yusky03 New Member

Fix: On the Download page long tap the app that is failing to install and select Cancel. Now go into a Third-party Uninstaller (i use "Uninstaller") and uninstall the app in question. Now go back into the Market and Re-download the application in question.
Search tags for this page

android app stuck at updating

android apps stuck on 100

android market app update stuck