1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

bb 1.0 to bb froyo. now back to bb 1.0 but with problems

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by Marlowr05, Jun 12, 2010.

1. Marlowr05

Marlowr05 New Member

Ok so just like the title says. I was running bugless beast 1.0 and decided to install pets froyo v0.1 which runs great. But I downgraded back to bugless beast 1.0 and everything works except the market. It is the market version that came with the phone not the new one with froyo. I can open the market and it shows updates but I cannot download any apps or anything. It just stays on starting download. It worked great on froyo and bb 1.0 before I upgraded anything. I even used my nandroid recovery which included bb 1.0 but still no luck. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks again
  2. Shaneathan

Shaneathan New Member

Happened to me too and was posted in another thread.

1) Boot into recovery.
    2) Wipe Data/Cache (however many times you see fit)
    3) Reboot (into 2.1)
    4) Open Market
    5) Restore whatever backup you want
  3. Marlowr05

Marlowr05 New Member

Well I tried that but no luck lol. I had to wipe data and cache when I was still using bugless beast froyo. Then loaded bugless beast 1.0 from petes site. Loaded it on there. Turned the phone on and activated it. Opened up the market. Then rebooted into sprecovery. And restored my nandroid backup. Thanks to all and sorry for not seeing this in another thread.
  4. bitter

bitter New Member

I have this same problem. But I do not understand the solution?

Wipe, then restore nandroid?
  5. Marlowr05

Marlowr05 New Member

Sorry let me clarify.
    1. Download bugless beast 1.0 from petes site?
    2. Rename it to update.zip.
    3. Boot up into sprecovery.
    4. Wipe both your data and cache.
    5. Click on install, then allow update.zip, then click on update.zip in the sprecovery screen.
    6. Boot up into bb1.0 and activate your phone.
    7. Open up the market. Agree to the terms. Then try and dowwnloading a app. If successful go to the next step.
    8. Reboot into sprecovery.
    9. Then perform a nandroid restore and you should be all good to go.

If you have any questions just leave a reply here.
  6. silvasrt4

silvasrt4 New Member

I had this very problem when i went to UD Froyo. The only thing that fixed it was to sign out of my google account, then wipe data and cache, then install rom and sign in. That worked for me.
  7. Papawiskas

Papawiskas New Member

When I had this problem, it was easier to download the google addon zip file from the cyanogen for the 5.0.7.1 release. Then I flashed that on Rom Manager using wipe/data & cache. Logged back in after boot and market worked again. Obviously I lost my desktop settings etc, but it fixed it.