BB 0.8 USB Reboot Problem

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by Coosa Droid, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Coosa Droid

Coosa Droid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Has anyone had problems with a reboot loop when connected to a USB cable. All was good yesterday, got home today to download some files and the Droid lockes the screen (just doesn't respond) and reboots continuously until I unplug it.

The only change I made was adding Bluetooth File Transfer 2.6 app from the market. I unistalled it but no change.

Everything else works great.

Could it be a driver problem on my PC? I did notice a quick hardware might not be installed properly message on the PC.

2. Coosa Droid

Coosa Droid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Weird

I got it working. Had to turn off USB debugging now. Strange as I have never turned USB deugging off on my phone since I have had it.

If anyone knows why USB debuggin would suddenly stop working I'd be interested in hearing their ideas.

3. Chief Wahoo

Chief Wahoo Premium Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Glad you got it working, I had the same problem yesterday with a continual reboot when connecting the USB.

It was suggested to make sure that there was a notification sound selected as the boot sequence looks for a sound . . .sure enough I went in and selected a notification sound and it worked like a charm. Just another thing to check to see if it works so you can turn USB debugging back on - it was always on by default for me.

4. Coosa Droid

Coosa Droid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Much thanks.

You are theman!! I selected default droid sound for notification, (I had added a custom mp3 file the other day) works like a champ with debugging on. You want custom sound works fine with debugging off. Go figure.

I found your original thread right after I added this thread, I had been searching for 30 mins. But Thanks a million.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2010
Search tags for this page

droid x2 does not loop restart when connected to usb