BB 0.5 Battery Life

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by joshpjost@gmail.com, Sep 23, 2010.

1. joshpjost@gmail.com

joshpjost@gmail.com New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone else experience terrible battery life with minimal usage? Onyl lasted 10 hours without use on my desk during work.

2. freshsta42

freshsta42 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    so far no. i have used it for a fair amount of data usage today and a few short phone calls and i am still at 80% battery. did you do a clean install even clear cache?

3. KrazyPyro77

KrazyPyro77 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    had mine up for a few hours doing a HUGE load on the phone and having a lot of things open for a while and the battery has yet to make a mark... not sure about your problems so far man mayb something was on eating it all up..

4. ZeroBarrier

ZeroBarrier Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    You installed a long awaited ROM, and you're trying to tell me you didn't play with it at all? Even at work? 8+ hours sitting there with any text/calls/email/web browsing/gaming/etc.?

I smell something fishy... Just saying...

5. ice456789

ice456789 Member

Ratings:
    +11
    The first time it runs, it reinstalls all your apps. This uses a lot of battery. FYI.

6. Icculus760

Icculus760 Member

Ratings:
    +12
    Just the opposite - my battery level is GREAT. I updated a ton of app's, done email, browser, sirius, rebooted 3 times for various reasons and I'm still at 30% (battery indicator says 40%, but it's not in 10% increments). On my other setup, I would've been down to 10% 2+ hours ago at the same kernel speed I'm using now.

It's 4:15pm and I took it off the charger at 7:20am

7. TheDJ

TheDJ Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Battery is fine on my end with the initial install of BB, apps etc.. and some gaming and still at 80%.

8. czukowski

czukowski New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    After installed for about 2 hours and plugged in via USB cable to my Mac the battery is slowing depleting. Going back to 0.4 till I can play with it more.

9. jbrock98

jbrock98 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    not on BBv0.5 but curious about battery life in roms b/c my battery seems to always have been horrible on any rom, and finding one that improves it would be freakin awesome, not too sure what ppl mean my moderate use so i'll give u the example i went thru 2day "THE DAY IN THE LIFE OF BROCK'S BATTERY".. i took it off dock charger at 6:15am, played w/ tapatalk, touiteur, texting on and off til about 8:30am with 1 phone call lasting 10min in between there and when i got to work my phone was at i wanna say 70% but it might have been 80%(b/c battery widget says one status bar says another not sure which i looked at), none the less i listened to 45min of radio thru an app, TuneIn i believe it was, then didnt touch it til 12pm and listened non stop til 2:15ish & my phone completely died then, could sum1 let me know if this is good or what? i always charge my phone when i get home from work around 5pm sumtimes its later around 8 or so then i put it on a dock all night, thats pretty much my routine everyday, only thing that changes is how quick i need to charge it after work

10. patfireben

patfireben New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Mine was eaten away the first go round with it only because of the re-install of apps but I have used it a ton today since re-charging it and it still is only at 80%.

11. superstang28

superstang28 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I was having battery issues this morning. After 4 hours with minimal usage, my phone was running very hot and died. I checked the battery usage and everything seemed fine. I got it on a car charger, installed chevys 1 ghz low volt kernel and for the last 5 hours have had no battery issues after charging it for about an hour on a car charger.

Maybe it was the kernel. maybe some phantom program was running in the background, but all seems good now.

12. WoZzY

WoZzY The GRD Dev Team
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +1
    i am 17 hours after I installed bb v5 I charged it after to 100% last night sometime have not charged it since then I am going on 18 hours I am currently @ 30% no battery issues I am using slayer kernel 1250mhz

use setcpu on setting interactive 400mhz min max 1250mhz