Battling to get my Droid X to stock

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by gatordrew, Aug 22, 2011.

1. gatordrew

gatordrew New Member

I sold my friend my old Droid X and he doesn't want a custom ROM (he's not much of a tech guy). Well, it's been a seemingly never ending battle. At first, I was stuck in boot loop and when I went into bootloader it said that the battery was low and couldn't program, so I spliced a USB cable and got it to think it was charged so that I could use ezSBF. After some fiddling around, I finally got that working and now it boots up with the Motorola bootscreen.

Now, however, if I plug it into my computer it allows me to get into the bootloader where I wiped data, wiped cache, and did a reboot. After rebooting, it just goes to a battery screen that shows a question mark. I can't seem to do anything from there. While plugged into the computer, the green charge light does not come on.

If I plug it into the wall, the green charge light does come one... but I can't do ANYTHING. If I press the power button or anything else for that matter, it doesn't respond to anything.

If the device is unplugged, it's also unresponsive.

As someone who's rooted many phones before, I never thought reverting it back to stock would take me well over 8 hours of fiddling around and reading other forum posts.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? Right now it seems like I'm just banging my head up against a wall :sad:
  2. gatordrew

gatordrew New Member

Uh, for some reason now if I plug it into the computer the green light comes on but it's also unresponsive.
  3. brad92

brad92 New Member

I would try using the Linux sbf method in my signature. Seems like the phone is bricked.

Random ROM'd X
  4. gthotie5

gthotie5 New Member

Yeah you have to sbf, your phone isn't BRICKED until it won't turn on. You can still fix it using sbf.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums
  5. gatordrew

gatordrew New Member

6. km75

km75 New Member

Pretty sure the reason you are having problems is simply because you are trying to sbf with a battery with a low charge. Its recommended to at least have your battery at 80%. To be on the safe side whenever i have to sbf i make sure that my battery is at 100%. When you are in the process of doing an sbf even though you are connected to your computer your phone will not charge.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums
  7. gatordrew

gatordrew New Member

Alright, I pulled the battery out for a few minutes and have plugged it into a "straight up" wall charger (not the type of wall charger that has a plug with USB input). I'm going to let it sit for a while and try back. I hope I haven't bricked this thing or else I'll be incredibly mad at myself.

I'll let you know whenever I figure something out.
  8. km75

km75 New Member

You definitely havent bricked it. As others have stated you wouldnt even get to the point where you are now. I had the same experience when i had my D2. Thought i bricked my phone as well. Went to the verizon store and told them the device wouldnt charge. They even hooked it up to their charges and computer. Once i got the replacement phone i put the battery in there and it actually showed the battery was at 0%. This was after the fact that the phone was completely off and being charged for 24 hours. The battery was completely discharged.

9. gatordrew

gatordrew New Member

So, I let it charge for three hours and it booted up. It then gave an error saying something like an invalid battery and to replace it. I then did *228 to activate the phone. After that, the phone turned off and now it won't turn on again. To me, it seems like if I replace the battery it should work better. Don't ya think?
  10. gatordrew

gatordrew New Member

Since posting, I left it on the wall charger and it rebooted and I was able to navigate the phone. It again came up with an invalid battery error. The battery light was red. After a few minutes, the phone turned off and the battery light is back to green.

It's kinda strange that the phone would turn off even though it's still plugged in, isn't it? Or is that normal?
  11. km75

km75 New Member

The way i got mine to work was by putting the battery in the new phone that was sent to me. For whatever reason i couldnt get the battery to charge in the original phone that i had. After i charged it in the other phone and put it back in the original phone i was able to sbf just fine. Charging from the wall didnt even work. If you have access to another battery i would suggest fully charging it and putting it in your phone and see if that works. I know that it would seem that since your battery has been on the charger that long then that should be enough. But from my experience i can tell you that as long as you try to charge that battery on the same phone its not going to work. Im assuming its because when the phone is in bootloader mode it discharges the battery a lot faster than normal