Battlefield 3 on ps3

lowvolt

Reaction score
I bought it today. So far I am disappointed and feel like I wasted $60 :(

MIUI 2012.3.23

Why the disappointment? Are you playing campaign or on line?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Campaign is definitely better than MW3. The graphics for multiplayer are disappointing and the campaign graphics are good except for body parts and faces. Multiplayer graphics look like EA graphics from Need For Speed Carbon.

I like how the levels are interactive but some of that isn't realistic such as a tree rocking back and forth fast then falling and disappearing into the ground.

Gameplay online is annoying because the spawning always seems to place me in right in front of the enemy. Sniping make me mad because I shouldn't have to put 4 or more roundnto someone's chest. The multiplayer gaming online seems unrealistic to me.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I want to download the newest update, but its 2.07 gigs and I'm on my DX... :(

MIUI 2012.3.23

lowvolt

Reaction score
I want to download the newest update, but its 2.07 gigs and I'm on my DX... :(

MIUI 2012.3.23
Newest update for PS3? Are you tethered to your DX for your internet on PS3?:icon_eek:

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Update for 360. And yes, I tether.

MIUI 2012.3.23

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
Campaign is definitely better than MW3. The graphics for multiplayer are disappointing and the campaign graphics are good except for body parts and faces. Multiplayer graphics look like EA graphics from Need For Speed Carbon.

I like how the levels are interactive but some of that isn't realistic such as a tree rocking back and forth fast then falling and disappearing into the ground.

Gameplay online is annoying because the spawning always seems to place me in right in front of the enemy. Sniping make me mad because I shouldn't have to put 4 or more roundnto someone's chest. The multiplayer gaming online seems unrealistic to me.

1) You must not play COD or any other online multiplayers, because BF3's graphics blow everything else out of the water. On top of that the sounds are spot one everywhere.

2) You just need to get quicker off the line. If you're playing conquest or death match you have to be ready to shoot as soon as you spawn in. Sometimes even the case in rush.

3) If you feel like it takes too many shots to kill, start playing hardcore. Two shot kills from every sniper rifle if you're center-mass even at range, single shot for certain critical areas and all headshots.

Honestly, there's a bit of a learning curve considering you're playing against people that have been playing this for around a year, but if you like squad-based play there is nothing better out there.

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah hardcore is the only way.

I just wish I could do out of cockpit view on jets during hardcore.

----posted maxx'ed out----

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
1) You must not play COD or any other online multiplayers, because BF3's graphics blow everything else out of the water. On top of that the sounds are spot one everywhere.

2) You just need to get quicker off the line. If you're playing conquest or death match you have to be ready to shoot as soon as you spawn in. Sometimes even the case in rush.

3) If you feel like it takes too many shots to kill, start playing hardcore. Two shot kills from every sniper rifle if you're center-mass even at range, single shot for certain critical areas and all headshots.

Honestly, there's a bit of a learning curve considering you're playing against people that have been playing this for around a year, but if you like squad-based play there is nothing better out there.

Actually I have 4 Call of Duty games and play online quite a bit. The graphics on the levels are good but the graphics for the players is worse than CoD. I'm settling into the gameplay a little bit more but so far the guns suck lol. I need to unlock some better ones.

The spawning reminds me of the MW2 spawn traps. Its hard to get ready to shoot when you appear and get shot in the back.

MIUI 2012.3.23

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Seems odd..
occasionally I get in a game where someone is spawn camping, spawn at another location sneak back and grab some camping scum's tags.. most modes won't allow opposition to come into your "home base", but camping on other location is possible. Is it wrong? Honestly I feel its part of real life battles. Dont some of our soldiers "camp" a location days on end?

Was thinking I read that the patch added a few seconds of time @ spawn to help.(not sure)

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
The spawning reminds me of the MW2 spawn traps. Its hard to get ready to shoot when you appear and get shot in the back.

MIUI 2012.3.23

Are you describing being surrounded in your home base by alot of enemies with no places else to spawn? And no chance of capturing a new flag? Blame your team y'all just got your butts kicked and are indeed pinned down... yeah it sucks to be on that side. Most people quit the game, I actually enjoy trying to escape, yeah I might get kill alot but, its such a rush if I do manage to get out and grab a flag....

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah, but it's annoying now. I used to be able to simply set the server filter to rush and hardcore and play to my hearts content. Now you have to rent a server if you want to play rush only on hardcore. I paid $60 for the game to begin with, I shouldn't have to pay extra to continue with the mode that I've been playing from the start.

Just found a rent a server thats 100% rush...

DEFTWORKS HARDCORE RUSH 24/7

BRASIL XTREME

Actually that's 2...
Sure more will come

Verro84

Reaction score
Mw3 is better than bf3 in my opinion..

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

I agree! It's not as fluint as the Modern Warfare Series I think World @ War is better then BF3 IMO. But the original Modern Warfare best game ever made hands down!! Still play it till this day add me. II-GOODFELLA-II PSN

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just got out of a Caspian border only hardcore when I joined each team had close to 500 tickets and took almost 2hrs... these rent a servers are popping up all kinds of various options. Saw one with 1000 tickets. (Can you say demolition marathon) ha! ha!

lowvolt

Reaction score
Actually I have 4 Call of Duty games and play online quite a bit. The graphics on the levels are good but the graphics for the players is worse than CoD. I'm settling into the gameplay a little bit more but so far the guns suck lol. I need to unlock some better ones.

MIUI 2012.3.23

Change your spawn location

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums