Battle Of The Browsers

ViciousCircle

Android Addict
Premium Member
Reaction score
wow, xscope has a lot of praise. I guess i can try it out. I was using Dolphin HD, because it was so much like using firefox or opera. I installed Skyfire and didnt see any special about it. Before i make the purchase, how does xscope handle flash? Downloading (say 300mb media)?

Just as well as any of the others... if not better.

Try the Lite version before purchase.
wow, im liking this browser. very clean. fast as well. need to test it out some more.

and don't forget to give the 'pin zoom' feature a try when you're trying out xscope... very useful feature.

HamDog

Reaction score
Sorry, I'm not falling for this article. My experiences vary greatly from what I read.

For me, there is nothing faster than Opera. It is not a little faster, but a lot faster. But that's because Operas servers cache pages! There are also a lot of downfalls with opera, such as they store your password to sites on their servers and not all pages pull up properly. I don't use it much for these reasons, but as far as speed, nothing beats Opera on my original Droid.

Personally, I use the stock browser until I need something that has the desktop agent and then I use Dolphin HD. For quickly reading the LA Times or NY Times, I use Opera.

Reaction score
Also mentioning that these test's were done on the Droid X, with the exception of one test..

A more realistic survey would of included xscope and would have been preformed on at least 4-5 different android phones as well. Not to mention, they should have tested them on 3g and wifi at least 3 times each.

It seems like all this is, is just an Skyfire plug, nothing more.

c_hale22

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
xscope is nice, its fast and the zoom is the best around but pound for pound Dolphin HD is the better of the two.

RolandOG

Reaction score
Sorry, I'm not falling for this article. My experiences vary greatly from what I read.

For me, there is nothing faster than Opera. It is not a little faster, but a lot faster. But that's because Operas servers cache pages! There are also a lot of downfalls with opera, such as they store your password to sites on their servers and not all pages pull up properly. I don't use it much for these reasons, but as far as speed, nothing beats Opera on my original Droid.

Can you link or let me know where you read that they keep the PW on their servers? I just read that the PW are kept on the phone in the PW manager.

After reading this thread I downloaded Skyfire, xScope and Opera Mini. In terms of speed Opera is the winner and it's not even close. I'd love to use it as my main browser but I don't like the idea of them storing my various passwords.

The only thing I don't like about Opera's UI is that the pinch to zoom doesn't zoom in far enough. Sometimes I like/need to zoom in really tight and Opera won't let me do that.

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
On the subject, what the hell ever happened to the Fennec project?