Battle of the AIs: Cortana, Google Now and Siri Match Wits on Video [Poll]

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
[video=youtube;-HJodK56EsU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=-HJodK56EsU[/video]​

Although Microsoft may be way behind in the mobile marketshare compared to Google and Apple, that doesn't mean their software isn't catching up fast. Here's video proof of that today. Microsoft's Cortana search-assistant AI goes head-to-head against Google Now and Apple's Siri in a battle of wits and capabilities. Cortana acquits herself well, as does each of the mobile assistants.

The tests were conducted with an Apple iPhone 5S, the Nokia Lumia Icon Windows Phone and the Motorola Moto X. A battery of real-world tests were performed from web-searches, to travel arrangements, calendars, voice-activated apps, navigating and more. Throughout the tests, Microsoft's new AI holds its own. Each of the software packages handle a few things a bit differently. After watching the video, it's hard for us to say if there was an absolute winner, but the fact that Cortana is still in beta bodes well for her future functionality improvements. She definitely didn't seem like a beta product at all.

Check out the video and let us know which AI seems to be the most capable in your estimation.

Which AI/mobile assistant wins in this video?

Microsoft's Cortana
Apple's Siri
Google Now

Source: WPCentral

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I voted "It's a tie" between Google Now and Cortana. For a product being in beta (Cortana) it's pretty well done.

SwiftLegend

Reaction score
I voted "It's a tie" between Google Now and Cortana. For a product being in beta (Cortana) it's pretty well done.
I'd agree with that. Cortana inches a head a bit, but, to be fair, Google Now is really just an intelligent/contextual background information aggregator.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Very first test about turning wifi off. I thought Android can't control device functions. Nexus phones can, but thats about it. I have a feeling I'm very wrong. But I recall Apple suing or threatening to sue because Apple search was able to search on device content and launch apps. It was a while ago and may have passed.

Ok, I was wrong. I can open apps on my HTC M8.

That being said, I prefer to use voice controls for basic stuff. I just don't feel comfortable speaking commands to my phone when others may be listening. Most of them I am sure are harmless things, but that one private thing...ya.

Last edited: