Battery

JBassRN

Reaction score
I know I have been in my phone since I woke up... Using Wifi and Facebook mainly... But this seems a little much.

View attachment 58823

I don't usually have the best battery life because I have very poor reception at home despite a network extender...

Scott0719

Reaction score
Wow you must have really been on it a lot. What have you been doing on it? Playing any games? Do you turn on powersaving?

OP
J

JBassRN

Reaction score
I took 1 picture, and was chatting on Facebook and text for 3 hours... BaM 42% power saving is on, screen at a reasonable brightness

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Your original screenshot won't show anything. We need to see your app use, like the one you showed for your wife. I also highly suggest downloading GSam and letting that run for a few hours.

Edot: Nevermind, that second screen shot must be yours. Your wife's usage is normal. However if you were chatting nonstop on Facebook using Chrome for 3 hours...well...no smartphone can withstand that and you should expect the usage. I'd say if you were at 100%, you could probably talk for about 5-6 hours before the phone would just die.

You're better off finding a social media app that allows FB chat. It'll still eat battery, but doing it through Chrome will eat infinitely more.

Last edited:

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
Since the screen is taking up the most battery lower your brightness even more. I have mine set to almost the lowest possible when indoors.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I took 1 picture, and was chatting on Facebook and text for 3 hours... BaM 42% power saving is on, screen at a reasonable brightness

Then you probably had your screen on for much of that time (check your screen on time to see exactly how much it's been on). If you've been using the phone with the screen on for the better part of 3 hours, even at a lower brightness, your battery drain is definitely where it should be.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
How do you do this?
Is this something you have to do frequently? I've tried under app manager > running a few times and they seem to come back......
Thanks!

No, this isn't something you should have to do often. It's only something you should really have to do if your phone gets really bogged down and starts lagging badly or running slowly.

If you want to clear them out, long press the home button, tap Task Manager, And then tap Clear Memory. But most of them will come right back because they're designed to do so. You should check your battery stats to see if one of them is actually impacting your battery life in any noticeably way. Chances are, unless you have a rogue app, most of them will barely register if they register at all.