battery

OP
DevilDogMP

DevilDogMP

Silver Member
Reaction score
jpcalhoun said:
No, the battery life on the Razr is not all that bad. I would easily get from 16-18 hours out of my Razr with at least 40% battery left at the end of the day. With moderate use and some good battery management...turn display off after 30 seconds, display brightness down to about 30%, limit the amount of background data sync' (weather, news, etc), power phone off before charging and use only the supplied charger, turn wifi, gps and bluetooth off unless actively using them, instead of syncing email every 5 minutes have it sync once every 30 minutes or something like that.

What do you consider moderate use? And ill be getting the razr via replacement so i wont have a charger. Will bionic charger work?

JohnFH

Reaction score
DevilDogMP said:
What do you consider moderate use? And ill be getting the razr via replacement so i wont have a charger. Will bionic charger work?

I received a CLN Razr as a replacement for my Bionic. I received a charger with the Razr.

Last edited:

JohnFH

Reaction score
Verizon told me that they do this whenever they send a different model phone. I returned my Bionic charger per Verizon's request. Package with my Razr included USB cord, new block wall adapter with retractable blades, Micro SIm card, and the usual Motorola booklets.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
I consider moderate use as less than 1 hour of phone calls, no more than 30 emails received and answered, no more than 30 text messages received and answered, less than 30 minutes streaming video or music, no more than 30 min on GPS or using a Bluetooth device.

You can try the bionic charger, but I would try to obtain a factory provided charger from Motorola. If that is not possible then I would as Motorola to recommend a commercially available model that would meet the specifications required/suggested for the Razr.

OP
DevilDogMP

DevilDogMP

Silver Member
Reaction score
jpcalhoun said:
I consider moderate use as less than 1 hour of phone calls, no more than 30 emails received and answered, no more than 30 text messages received and answered, less than 30 minutes streaming video or music, no more than 30 min on GPS or using a Bluetooth device.

You can try the bionic charger, but I would try to obtain a factory provided charger from Motorola. If that is not possible then I would as Motorola to recommend a commercially available model that would meet the specifications required/suggested for the Razr.

Thats how i use my phone. Except with twitter and facebook

Raw Dodge

Reaction score
Maybe you have a bad battery, try another battery or swap a buddy for a day, my S3 is really good Imo, no complaints with battery life.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

OP
DevilDogMP

DevilDogMP

Silver Member
Reaction score
My battery iz fine lol. I get about 11 hours on my bionic. But im switching to a razr or razr maxx

Last edited:

drew96dawg

Reaction score
Yes similar to a razor, it isn't very noticeable on the maxx due to the extra thickness of the battery

Sent from my DROID2 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

sherlym27

Reaction score
Some points to keep your battery charger at longer time
1.Remove the vibration mode in Mobile phones
2.Turn off your flashlights in Camera, Bluetooth, Auto brightness, Screen brightness
3.Avoid supplementary uses in Video Camera
4.Avoid using unnessary features
5.Avoid using moving or animated background or screensaver
6.Charge your battery correctecly, store in cool place

Jcassell1

Reaction score
Basically turn your phone of and put it up in the closet. Kind of defeats the purpose of having a high end phone with features.