Battery

dbsf2004

Reaction score
Hi - I know nothing about rooted or unrooted or operating systems. All I know is when I go to bed I have at least 50-60% battery life left and when I wake up my phone is dead. Anyone have any suggestions please :) I dont have facebook or any password related apps turned on or signed in to. Task manager says nothing is running.

doogald

Reaction score
Hi - I know nothing about rooted or unrooted or operating systems. All I know is when I go to bed I have at least 50-60% battery life left and when I wake up my phone is dead. Anyone have any suggestions please :) I dont have facebook or any password related apps turned on or signed in to. Task manager says nothing is running.

Plug it in while you are sleeping is the obvious answer. I'm not quite sure why people do not do this - it's actually slightly more stressful on a battery to run through full charge cycles than daily 40% charge cycles.

But, you can also turn off performance mode and put on settings->battery & display manager->battery mode

Reaction score
It doesnt seem like it is that simple. Of course he could charge it... but that still doesnt change the fact that he's losing 50 to 60% overnight despite no progs running...

Caesars

Reaction score
You could try tossing it into airplane mode for a night and seeing if you have similar results.

doogald

Reaction score
It doesnt seem like it is that simple. Of course he could charge it... but that still doesnt change the fact that he's losing 50 to 60% overnight despite no progs running...

Either something is running or the phone has a bad signal and is burning battery to stay connected. If the phone gets through a day burning only 40-50 percent and then is dead by morning then charging overnight will solve that part of the problem.

One thing to do is to run Better Battery Stats and see what that reports. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.asksven.betterbatterystats&feature=order_history

Alcapwn89

Reaction score
Are you using a task-manager you downloaded or a built in task-manager? If your using one that you downloaded get rid of it: it's probably deleting and clearing services to "Free memory" (something Android does fine by itself) and those services keep starting back up. It's a cycle that eats battery.