Battery

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 3' started by dbsf2004, May 18, 2012.

DroidForums.net is the premier Android Forum - Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
  1. dbsf2004

dbsf2004 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi - I know nothing about rooted or unrooted or operating systems. All I know is when I go to bed I have at least 50-60% battery life left and when I wake up my phone is dead. Anyone have any suggestions please :) I dont have facebook or any password related apps turned on or signed in to. Task manager says nothing is running.
  2. doogald

doogald Active Member

Ratings:
    +28
    Plug it in while you are sleeping is the obvious answer. I'm not quite sure why people do not do this - it's actually slightly more stressful on a battery to run through full charge cycles than daily 40% charge cycles.

But, you can also turn off performance mode and put on settings->battery & display manager->battery mode
  3. anthrpicdecadnce

anthrpicdecadnce Member

Ratings:
    +4
    It doesnt seem like it is that simple. Of course he could charge it... but that still doesnt change the fact that he's losing 50 to 60% overnight despite no progs running...
  4. Caesars

Caesars Senior Member

Ratings:
    +44
    You could try tossing it into airplane mode for a night and seeing if you have similar results.
  5. doogald

doogald Active Member

Ratings:
    +28
    Either something is running or the phone has a bad signal and is burning battery to stay connected. If the phone gets through a day burning only 40-50 percent and then is dead by morning then charging overnight will solve that part of the problem.

One thing to do is to run Better Battery Stats and see what that reports. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.asksven.betterbatterystats&feature=order_history
  6. Alcapwn89

Alcapwn89 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Are you using a task-manager you downloaded or a built in task-manager? If your using one that you downloaded get rid of it: it's probably deleting and clearing services to "Free memory" (something Android does fine by itself) and those services keep starting back up. It's a cycle that eats battery.