Battery

raydog345

Reaction score
What is the best battery saving app for the galaxy nexus

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

orion2001

Reaction score
Juice Defender Pro has a LOT of options if you go into advanced mode and tweak it yourself. Both that and 2X Batt tend to do a decent job with default settings.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If have to give a +1 for Juice Defender as well. My favorite feature isn't so much the battery saver as much as the auto switch between wifi and Verizon data it does when i get near saved wifi networks and leave their range.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
Sent from a Rezound phone via Blue TapaTalk

2THEXTRM

Reaction score
+1 juice defender. I have JD PLUS and have tweaked my custom settings for the last 3 months and the results have been VERY noticeable. I have a Bionic but the results should be the same for your GN

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

alboboy10

Reaction score
Juice defender...I tried the free version a while ago all it did was give me connectivity problems. It disables internet when your screen is off right? When you turn it on it enables it again. Does this constant switching kill you battery more if you open your screen up a lot.

droidhayabusa

Reaction score
Juice defender...I tried the free version a while ago all it did was give me connectivity problems. It disables internet when your screen is off right? When you turn it on it enables it again. Does this constant switching kill you battery more if you open your screen up a lot.

I didn't notice that as much as I noticed the wait time to reconnect once I turned the screen on. It would take over a minute sometimes. I eventually came to the conclusion that I hate waiting upwards of a minute to get a five-second answer off Google even more than I hate charging my battery daily and thus I disabled JD. I had the paid ULTIMATE version or whatever it's called.

Maybe it works better for folks who have a stronger signal (not like I didn't have a good signal, just saying). Wasn't the solution for me.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The worse the signal the better the savings. When in low reception areas the phone cranks up the output trying to get a better signal and jd turning off the network helps the most by keeping the phone from trying to get a better signal by disabling the network.
Hope that makes sense

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
Sent from a Rezound phone via Blue TapaTalk

WookieClaws

Reaction score
I tried JD for a bit too, and noticed the same thing as droidhyabusa. JD wasn't the solution for me; I went and bought a charger for my desk at work. I use the phone for about 5-6 hrs then charge it in the afternoon so I have battery for the evening. Hopefully the update extends this time out.

I was listening to music via stereo BT, but I'm trying wired headphones today to see if that helps.

Se7enLC

Reaction score
I was listening to music via stereo BT, but I'm trying wired headphones today to see if that helps.

I've always been curious about this, actually. You would think using a wired headset would be a battery savings since you can turn off the bluetooth radio - but how does the power used by the bluetooth radio compare to the driver/amplifier that drives the headphones?

I really don't know the answer, but I'd be willing to believe either one. With bluetooth, the headphones are using their own battery to amplify, so you can call that a "power savings" since you aren't drawing off the phone battery. Bluetooth is a very low-power transciever, after all...

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
I've always been curious about this, actually. You would think using a wired headset would be a battery savings since you can turn off the bluetooth radio - but how does the power used by the bluetooth radio compare to the driver/amplifier that drives the headphones?

I really don't know the answer, but I'd be willing to believe either one. With bluetooth, the headphones are using their own battery to amplify, so you can call that a "power savings" since you aren't drawing off the phone battery. Bluetooth is a very low-power transciever, after all...

I have wondered that as well. I would be very surprised if there was a big difference between the two.

WookieClaws

Reaction score
I've had my phone off battery for 3hr 27min and I'm down to 57% battery left (about where I've been at this time of the day all week). Been listening to music about what I normally do. The OS has been up 1hr 44min of that time, screen only 1hr.

So, initial testing says no difference in battery between wired or BT.