Battery

samiusmc

Reaction score
Did you break your battery in? A lot of manufacturers recommend that you fully charge the battery; let it charge another two hours after that and then using it and letting it drain all the way until the phone shuts off. They recommend that you do this for two cycles. I do it with all my batteries and it makes a noticeable difference.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Try going into settings, wireless and networks, mobile network and see if enable always on mobile data is checked. If so, uncheck it and watch your battery life increase dramatically. By default it is on and is only needed if you are using true push notifications. I remember turning it off on my Inc doubled my battery life

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
Sent from a Rezound phone via Blue TapaTalk

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks biker,

I'll check that app out. I am running on normal & not the power setting, so that's why I'm really surprised at the 2 hours. The battery doesn't seem to drop much when it's in standby - 2-3% per hour maybe. Still would like to know what everyone else is getting. Could be a bad battery or even a bad phone, especially if others are getting 5-6 hours of uptime.

BTW - can't wait till spring to get back on my Trek 8000! :biggrin:

Here's one for ya. Today i unplug my phone at the normal 6 am, use it a little more than normal throughout the day, so a typical heavy usage day. Battery is sitting at 31% as i write this post. It says my up time (unplugged time) correctly (15+ hours) BUT my awake time (actual usage) is saying 1 hour 45 minutes. Yesterday it said 11+ hours of awake time, normal, and i plugged it in with about the same battery that I'm at now at about this time last night. In the usage graph there is a black line about mid way thru the day (like the phone was off) and a huge sudden drop in battery (over 20%) after the line but the phone was never off, and at that time i was using Say Cheese Camera, which turned my phone volume to silent by itself when i used the app . I know i have at least the amount of time the phone was awake today as yesterday. I've seen this type of glitch reported as well on a Nexus sister forum but the op didn't have any apps mess up on theirs, just a wonky time list.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
Sent from a Rezound phone via Blue TapaTalk

OP
K

Kenyon1

Reaction score
Got the extended pack and turned off the sync data and phone is doing great!
Plenty of battery life

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

acousticshade

Reaction score
I did break the battery in. I drained it to empty 3 times and then charged it overnight. The battery life does seem to be getting better, but I'm not quite getting 4 hours of uptime yet. That is with most of the time on games & video watching, so it will probably be better with more 'normal' activities like using the phone and e-mail.

jeffe65

Reaction score
Streaming videos will drain my battery really fast, but I'm on 4G almost all the time and not using WiFi much at all. You may want to check other apps you have installed; I had Executive Assistant which I really liked using, but it drained 10-15% of my battery per hour with the phone idle, so I uninstalled it.

There's also an app called Quick System Info, which tells you all the info you'd care to know about what's going on in your phone. I has a widget where one of the buttons is an "X", and when you press it, it kills all non-essential processes (or something like that). I do that right before leaving the phone idle for a while, and then I can get a good idea of what's been running that I may not need or want.