Battery Won't Charge

TonyBoD

Reaction score
I have an extended battery (OEM) that won't charge - wondering if anyone has seen that and if there is any way to resolve it.

The battery had been working fine - I had it in my phone yesterday. I set the phone down for awhile and when I came back, it was dead - I thought I'd somehow lost track of how much power I had left and it had just run down.

When I pulg it into the wall charger I get the battery screen like I do when I go to charge a completely dead battery, except instead of it showing 0% it shows a battery outline with a big "?" in the middle of it - like it doesn't know its status or how much charge it has. I've tried pulling the battery and replacing, even going so far as to pull the SIM card - no change. I'm assuming this battery has just died for good, but wanted to see if anyone had seen this and/or knew how to fix it.

Steve_h

Reaction score
Battery is shot. Had the same thing happen to me. If you're battery was purchased through Verizon and it has been less than a year call them and they should replace for free

FriarWhently

Reaction score
Happened to me with my extended battery not too long ago. Before buying another one, take the battery out and look at the gold connection plates. There should be several slots with gold connector plates on either side of each slot, so that the gold plates sandwich the "male" gold pins from the phone. With a needle, gently bend the gold plates on the battery so that the protrude more into the center of each slot. Basically you want them to have a tighter hold on the gold male pins from the phone.

Fixed my problem and haven't had issues since.

JBarker727

Reaction score
This isn't exactly the same, but a few weeks ago my phone wouldn't charge either. I don't have an extended battery, but when i would plug it in, a white LED was on. I found that one of my wall chargers had a lower output than my car charger, and the phone would at least power cycle, but stay dead. I ended up using an iPhone wall block to get the phone to charge! The iPhone block has almost double the output of my other chargers. Now i can't use one of my chargers to charge it (the lowest output charger), but the other three and car charger which are higher outputs work fine! I've heard if the battery gets to a literal 0% charge (not the 0% shown on the phone) that it's really bad and can ruin your battery!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

DevilDogMP

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well I have there battery for my bionic too (extended) I hope this doesn't happen to me.. have had mine for a little while too.

zetachi

Reaction score
I have the extended OEM from Verizon also.Knew it was going downhill when on a full charge it would get the same life as the default battery. In my external charger it would never go "green" for a full charge. Took it out of the rotation. Next time I tried to use it again and charge in phone it would no longer fit. Seems it ballooned up in size and its now looking like bubble wrap. Bought it on verizon.com, but can't find my receipt so no idea when I bought it.