Battery wont charge over 97%

MrToneBonez

Reaction score
After flashing purity with ics my full charge stops at 97 percent. My bionic reads remove e from charger to reduce electric consumption. Should I reflash ics?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

1KDS

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You can let it die completely then recharge, it may recalibrate itself and charge to 100%. You can also boot into clockwork (with a fully charged battery) and go into advanced>wipe battery stats, reboot.

OP
MrToneBonez

MrToneBonez

Reaction score
Ok ill try that thanks!

OP
MrToneBonez

MrToneBonez

Reaction score
So i let my bionic die completely than recharged it until the message pops up to unplug it to conserve power, however this time the charge indicator only read 95%! I than took your advice and went to advanced and wiped battery settings, yet still it wont charge past 95 :-( what else can i do?

SteadySlackin

Reaction score
I have this same problem. I usually get a battery full alert at 94/95%

cconstantine15

Reaction score
Im in the same boat. I've tried everything and I can't surpass 95%. Wtf. Oh well I guess. We could have worse problems. My screen shots are also blurry when sent through texts. Other then these two issues I love this rom.

bigtex52

Reaction score
Charging Li ion battery to 100% capacity isn't harmful, but overcharging is. Your phone's charging system switches to a trickle charging rate at 94-95% to keep it from overshooting the max capacity and damaging the battery. If you leave it in your charger for another hour it will probably read 100%.

thunder550

Reaction score
Charging Li ion battery to 100% capacity isn't harmful, but overcharging is. Your phone's charging system switches to a trickle charging rate at 94-95% to keep it from overshooting the max capacity and damaging the battery. If you leave it in your charger for another hour it will probably read 100%.

This.

IIRC Bionic reads battery in 5% increments. As soon as you reach 95% it sees that as full since it rounds up to 100%. Mine does this. If I just leave it, it will eventually get to 100% as displayed by one of the battery monitor widgets.