Battery Wipe = Phone Frozen

Hudock

Reaction score
Rooted CF v38 & kernel v8.

No issues, decided to do battery wipe, charged phone to 100%, wiped battery stats.

Let phone die completely to 0%.

Now phone only gets to the skateboarding droid and freezes.

Any suggestions?

rigbyrobot

Reaction score
Rooted CF v38 & kernel v8.

No issues, decided to do battery wipe, charged phone to 100%, wiped battery stats.

Let phone die completely to 0%.

Now phone only gets to the skateboarding droid and freezes.

Any suggestions?

do a full wipe and reflash of kf 38 flash cfs v6 not 8, cfs v8 dose not work with kf v38, and can harm your phone

Sent from my FroyoEris using DroidForums App

OP
H

Hudock

Reaction score
I did a full wipe & davarik wipe last night and that ended up fixing it.

I have had no issues with v8, what were the concerns that were raised about it?

Also, can I just flash to v6 without doing another wipe or reinstall of CF v38?

rigbyrobot

Reaction score
I did a full wipe & davarik wipe last night and that ended up fixing it.

I have had no issues with v8, what were the concerns that were raised about it?

Also, can I just flash to v6 without doing another wipe or reinstall of CF v38?

cfs v8 works fine for roms who's devs have added loop support and are using pure cm6 builds, for kaos it brakes apps2sd and causes other strange issues, wipe dalv cashe, flash v6, wipe dalvic cashe

OP
H

Hudock

Reaction score
Alright, csf kernel v6 installed, wiped dav, install, wiped dav, and booting up phone, not going to perform another battery stats wipe cause it seems to be displaying the same.

Thanks for the help rigby

rigbyrobot

Reaction score
Alright, csf kernel v6 installed, wiped dav, install, wiped dav, and booting up phone, not going to perform another battery stats wipe cause it seems to be displaying the same.

Thanks for the help rigby

no problem, you should probably recal your battery, but its not impending doom if you don't, if you do be sure to charge for at least 4 hours with the phone off, wipe stats, run the phone until it dies and you can no longer boot up, then let charge for 4 hours (or an hour after the green light comes on)

OP
H

Hudock

Reaction score
I'm going to see how it discharges for now, if everything is fine I may just leave it.

Last night when I was getting just the skateboarding droids I was worried, and then my wife says "There is something wrong with the xbox" i walk into our bedroom, and sure enough, 3 red ring of death lights for the 4th time on one of my xboxs!

But then phone worked.. soo.. woot!

rigbyrobot

Reaction score
I'm going to see how it discharges for now, if everything is fine I may just leave it.

Last night when I was getting just the skateboarding droids I was worried, and then my wife says "There is something wrong with the xbox" i walk into our bedroom, and sure enough, 3 red ring of death lights for the 4th time on one of my xboxs!

But then phone worked.. soo.. woot!
you can fix that with +/-12 dollars worth of supplies from the hardware store and radio shack, given its not the newest version xbox, I fixed mine about a week before I got ban hammered ;)

OP
H

Hudock

Reaction score
Yeah, i fixed one of my older ones that why, replaced heatsink screws and new thermal, however this is one of the newer falcons, not prone to the same issue unfortunately.. i may still take it apart and look inside.