Battery went up?

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Alright, so just a few moments ago I had about 19% of battery left. I turned my phone off for about 5minutes and when I turned it on, I had 47% left.. Inaccurate or?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

goosedeath

Reaction score
Mine does that. It's normal. Heavy use will show a faster drain on the battery, but when you leave it be for a while they recover some.
Drain your battery "flat" and leave it alone for a few hours, turn your phone back in and it will spring back.

Sent from my Galactic Unicorn!

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Happened to me after I put in about 45 minutes of Slingbox use. I was down to 15%, restarted and it was up to 45%.

Agreed with goose. Heavy constant use shows a much faster (and inaccurate) battery drain.

OP
BenLand150

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Haha I've had it go up maybe 5% before after watching YouTube videos, but almost 30% percent seemed like a huge jump. Maybe I'll have to start turning my phone off for a little while more often after heavy usage to see if I get some lucky gains.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
This is a known phenomenon with batteries, where heavy current draw will artificially depress voltage levels. Since the meter uses voltage as a key measure in determining remaining charge level, the temporarily lower voltage "fools" the meter into representing the charge level as lower than the resting voltage would indicate. Once the excessive load is removed or reduced, the battery is able to recover the voltage levels and the meter then adjusts accordingly.

This is not much different than a power tool (such as a drill driver) which while using will slow down and eventually stop as the battery approaches complete discharge, but if the trigger is released for a period of time, and then depressed once again the tool suddenly wakes up again for a brief time.

Flashlights will also demonstrate this in bulb brightness.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk with voice to text translation. Please excuse minor spelling/grammar/punctuation errors.

OP
BenLand150

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I gotcha. Thanks for the replies. :)