1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Battery Went to 92% within 50 minutes of normal use use is it normal?

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR MAXX' started by wasqur, Dec 7, 2012.

1. wasqur

wasqur New Member

Its 4th day i bougth the MOTOROLA RAZR MAXX. I am a heavy user around total 3 to 4 hours (imo.im (messaging) , Facebook, GooglePlay and browsing) per day. I am getting 5 to 6 hours before getting the battery to 15%. There is no 4g in Saudi Arabia so always connected to 3g. I have tried calliberation as FoxKat suggest but i just used my phone for setting Smart Action last night for 50 mins and some of other settings and my phone is down 100% to 92%. I m using GSAM battery monitor. Here are the results. Is this normal??
    Screenshot_2012-12-07-22-28-51.png Screenshot_2012-12-07-22-29-19.png Screenshot_2012-12-07-22-30-50.png Screenshot_2012-12-07-22-31-04.png
  2. joshxdroid

joshxdroid New Member

The first 10% generally drains faster than the next 90%. It's just the nature of batteries. To really tell anything we'd have to see your battery stats when you get down to 20%

Sent from my XT912 running some custom Rom.....I can't keep changing this sig
  3. jpcalhoun

jpcalhoun Well-Known Member

Your battery chart above looks fairly normal. My Maxx drains pretty quick the first two or three hours compared to the rest of the time the phone is on. That could be a function of the phone "waking up" from a period on no activity etc. I power off my phone every night and charge it using the factory supplied charger and cable. I am a firm believer in the best way to get a lasting charge on your phone is to power it off and charge with the supplied charger and cable.
  4. cesar357

cesar357 Member

I got that issue when we upgrades to Ice Cream. The previous version would give me 2 1/2 days without the need of charging. Now it gives me a few hours.
  5. jpcalhoun

Wow...let me make sure I understand you correctly...you're only getting a few hours out of a fully charged Razr Maxx?
  6. joshxdroid

joshxdroid New Member

I doubt this. Going from 60 hours to "a few" so like 3 to 5 hours?

7. cesar357

cesar357 Member

I'm a fairly heavy user. When I'm using it at my office I use it through out the day. When I leave I connect it to charge in the vehicle. When it connects it shows 40% usually.
  8. joshxdroid

joshxdroid New Member

But you said it used to last 2 1/2 days (60 hours) I don't believe this unless it sits on standby. So the rest of what you say it's marginalized to me

9. jpcalhoun

So, you're saying you got 2 1/2 days out of the phone before needing a charge, same usage pattern as now, same phone but on Gingerbread. I got this right?
  10. cesar357

cesar357 Member

When I purchased the phone it was great. It lasted a good 2 days without needing a charge. For some reason when it went to Ice Cream I noticed that the charge was needed sooner.
  11. cesar357

cesar357 Member

Well, just about. Depends how busy the office is. LOL.
    1 person likes this.
  12. cesar357

cesar357 Member

Oh of course I didn't use the phone for 60 hours straight. The phone also sat on stand by.
    1 person likes this.
  13. joshxdroid

joshxdroid New Member

So now it's down to 48 hours before ics, and uses 60% throughout the work day with heavy use. I'm not trying to be rude, but your story keeps changing. All that matters is screen time. I would like to see that

14. cesar357

cesar357 Member

Nah you're not being rude. I'll break down the days for you. This is when it was on GB.

Charge all night. Wake up in the morning. Turn on phone and it read "CHARGED".

Go to work and use it through out the day. 8 hour day at work. I use the phone mainly to surf the web and use Facebook. No movies or stuff like that. So maybe you don't consider that "Heavy use".

Leave the office and battery still standing strong. Get home and use it a bit more. Same, web and FB.

Before going to bed check the phone, no need to charge yet.

Second day, same routine.

Third day when I get home then the battery needed charge. But still had about 20%. Like I said maybe the usage is not the same as other people here.
    1 person likes this.
  15. joshxdroid

joshxdroid New Member

Like I said, I would have to see screen time. I could burn through a maxx battery in a day with my use. My og razr gets 3 1/2 to 4 hours screen time which I think it's decent. That usually gets me 11 to 14 hours. So a maxx getting 7 - 8 hours screen time would get me 22 - 28 hours. But if I was on it a lot, I could easily burn through 8 hours of screen time in one day if I wanted to.

16. cesar357

cesar357 Member

Good point. I see what you're saying. What do you want me to post? A pic of what? Maybe I'm running something that's burning my battery faster.
    1 person likes this.
  17. joshxdroid

joshxdroid New Member

When you get down 25% or less without charges. Go into settings, battery. Snap a screen shot. Then tap on screen and snap a screen shot of the time. Then at that point I'd have a good idea if further steps are required

1 person likes this.
  18. cesar357

cesar357 Member

Sounds good. I'll do it tonight
  19. wasqur

wasqur New Member

Thanks for all your input. So you are saying my battery is behaving normal. But if i used it constantly BROWSING, FACEBOOK, GPLAY its 80% - 75% within an hour.
  20. joshxdroid

joshxdroid New Member

A lot of people confuse talk time with any type of use, but the fact is, browsing uses a lot more. One big reason is the screen. The single greatest drain on your battery is the screen. That's why turning the brightness and display sleep time down can make a huge difference. Yeah if I was constantly browsing for a straight hour, I would probably burn 25 - 30% of my total battery on my og RAZR.

Search tags for this page

phone idle draining battery droid razr hd

razr hd maxx display draining battery faster than usual