1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

battery use meter acting weird (kernel v.2)

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by Namrepus221, May 2, 2011.

1. Namrepus221

Namrepus221 New Member

Ok my battery meter is going weird on me. I was using my phone on my lunch break and drained it pretty bad (I'm using pete's SV 0.8ghz kernel) I hooked it back up to charge (it was at about 40%) and left it go for a while till it was charged to where I felt it would last the rest of the night (80%)

Imagine my suprise when after a few minutes of im'ing a friend I go back to my home screen...and I'm at 100% battery!!!

I look at battery usage. It says I've been on battery for about 20 minutes but the other time counter is reading 0s

I manageds to take a screen shot of it after I shut it down and did a battery pull. The clock still saying 0s

Help! I'm worried I broke it somehow.

CAP201105022119.jpg picture by Namrepus221 - Photobucket
  2. sonicfreak360

sonicfreak360 New Member

Did you wipe battery stats at 100% after you flashed the kernel? If not, you should do so!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  3. Namrepus221

Namrepus221 New Member

I flashed the new kernel like 5 days ago.

How do I wipe the stats???

I should also mention that automatic brightness no longer brightens the screen when being woken up. The screen is very very dim.
    Last edited: May 2, 2011
  4. doublea500

doublea500 New Member

try wiping and reflashing the whole rom.
  5. Namrepus221

Namrepus221 New Member

The brightness I think has fixed itself.

But why would it just suddenly, after a month, messup when it was working fine.

Ok.. while testing the browser on 3g due to a power outage, it managed to get up to like 105f. I know I'm overclocked but I am not sure if this is typical (and yes...I know I'm annoying ya'll)
    Last edited: May 3, 2011
  6. GDO7

GDO7 New Member

105F isn't that bad especially if you are loading some heavy pages. I have hit 120+ on more than one occasion and my OG is still running like a champ. The phone is designed to shut down if the temp gets high enough to cause damage. It definitely works because I shut down the other day. When I booted back up, it was at 131F with no problems to speak of.

As for your battery, they get a memory sometimes. It is a good idea to reset the stats when you flash a new ROM or about once a month, which ever comes first. Link to instructions...

Get Better Battery Life - Reset Battery Stats
  7. macaddict

macaddict New Member

Seeing similar odd issues with the battery drain indicator as well. Tends to drop real fast but after a reboot you find that it really didn't drop. I always clear the battery stats in RZR after a ROM install and full charge.
Search tags for this page
android battery meter broken
battery acting on galaxy s3
battery acting weird droidx2
droid 1 battery charge acting funny
how come my andriod battery acts weird
motorola razr m battery acting funny
my battery acts weired
my motorola droid x phone battery is acting funny
new battery phones acting weird
phone battery acting weird
samsung tab 2 7.0 battery acting strange