Battery usage when power off

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by Anupam, Apr 23, 2010.

1. Anupam

Anupam New Member

My wife and I have a droid each. Recently we went out of the country for 8 days. I charged both phones fully before leaving and turned full power off before boarding the flight. Both phones were turned off for the entire trip.

At the end of the trip, I turned both phones on to charge them and saw that my phone was pretty much down to 5% power where as my wife's phone had close to full charge.

Why that difference when both phones were turned off?

Thanks.
  2. Darkseider

Darkseider New Member

Well there are a few things that come to mind. One is are you SURE yours was charged or did you assume it was because your wifes was. If you are certain it was and you did in fact power it off then the only thing I can think of is a bad battery.
  3. Anupam

Anupam New Member

yes, I am 100% sure that both phones were fully charged, and I have a new battery in my phone.
  4. Ataranine

Ataranine New Member

Are you sure it didn't get turned back on somehow? Or it was fully powered off in the first place?
  5. Sweettooth

Sweettooth New Member

Perhaps the battery level indicator hiccuped. I've read that sometimes after long periods of time it is necessary to let the battery drain completely and perform a full charge simply because the battery gauge becomes inaccurate. I seriously doubt a phone that is turned off could completely drain in that period of time. I've had the number removed from those POS BB Curves at work, thrown them in a box, and a couple weeks later pulled it back out and it turns right back on. It's very doubtful their battery consumption is anywhere near as efficient as the Droids'.
  6. Jim 777

Jim 777 Active Member

I once didn't turn off the phone when I thought I did. It's not that unheard of. Reproduce the "test" if you can. Charge it, turn it off, and leave it for a day or two (if you can stand it). See if it does it again.
Search tags for this page

g2x battery drains turned off