Battery usage when power off

Anupam

Reaction score
My wife and I have a droid each. Recently we went out of the country for 8 days. I charged both phones fully before leaving and turned full power off before boarding the flight. Both phones were turned off for the entire trip.

At the end of the trip, I turned both phones on to charge them and saw that my phone was pretty much down to 5% power where as my wife's phone had close to full charge.

Why that difference when both phones were turned off?

Thanks.

Darkseider

Reaction score
Well there are a few things that come to mind. One is are you SURE yours was charged or did you assume it was because your wifes was. If you are certain it was and you did in fact power it off then the only thing I can think of is a bad battery.

OP
A

Anupam

Reaction score
yes, I am 100% sure that both phones were fully charged, and I have a new battery in my phone.

Sweettooth

Reaction score
Perhaps the battery level indicator hiccuped. I've read that sometimes after long periods of time it is necessary to let the battery drain completely and perform a full charge simply because the battery gauge becomes inaccurate. I seriously doubt a phone that is turned off could completely drain in that period of time. I've had the number removed from those POS BB Curves at work, thrown them in a box, and a couple weeks later pulled it back out and it turns right back on. It's very doubtful their battery consumption is anywhere near as efficient as the Droids'.

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
I once didn't turn off the phone when I thought I did. It's not that unheard of. Reproduce the "test" if you can. Charge it, turn it off, and leave it for a day or two (if you can stand it). See if it does it again.