1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Battery usage queston

Discussion in 'HTC Droid Incredible' started by Bravesfan319, Jun 28, 2011.

1. Bravesfan319

Bravesfan319 New Member

hi everybody! I was just wondering... Is the "android system" supposed to be using 58% of my battery?

Thanks

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums
  2. Locke081

Locke081 New Member

I'd dl Android System Info and let it run a bit, then tap the log tab and see if there's anything the system is failing to find/open/connect to. Can happen if you install/uninstall replacement apps like text-to-speech (TTS) engines, etc. If you can hunt down the problem in those log files, you might be able to fix it with something as simple as a checkbox in Settings. (Like in above example, going to voice input settings and re-selecting the stock TTS engine would point the system to the right TTS engine.)

(Edit: I think the norm for android system CPU usage is 10-20%, with occasional spikes of course.)
  3. Bravesfan319

Bravesfan319 New Member

I'm lookin at it. But none of it really makes to much sense to me

4. Locke081

Locke081 New Member

Nope; my bad. You said batt. usage, not cpu usage. I don't think it's unusual to have that number for battery percentage use; that just means that of all the power being used now (which could be very little!), your OS is using 58%. Sorry for the misunderstanding!
  5. Bravesfan319

Bravesfan319 New Member

Ah ok, thanks for the help :)

6. nuch14150

nuch14150 New Member

my Droid Inc. says the android sys is using 58 % of the battery. But my Fascinate says the AS is using 2-3% of the battery. Why? That's weird.