Battery usage queston

Bravesfan319

Reaction score
hi everybody! I was just wondering... Is the "android system" supposed to be using 58% of my battery?

Thanks

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

Locke081

Reaction score
I'd dl Android System Info and let it run a bit, then tap the log tab and see if there's anything the system is failing to find/open/connect to. Can happen if you install/uninstall replacement apps like text-to-speech (TTS) engines, etc. If you can hunt down the problem in those log files, you might be able to fix it with something as simple as a checkbox in Settings. (Like in above example, going to voice input settings and re-selecting the stock TTS engine would point the system to the right TTS engine.)

(Edit: I think the norm for android system CPU usage is 10-20%, with occasional spikes of course.)

OP
Bravesfan319

Bravesfan319

Reaction score
I'd dl Android System Info and let it run a bit, then tap the log tab and see if there's anything the system is failing to find/open/connect to. Can happen if you install/uninstall replacement apps like text-to-speech (TTS) engines, etc. If you can hunt down the problem in those log files, you might be able to fix it with something as simple as a checkbox in Settings. (Like in above example, going to voice input settings and re-selecting the stock TTS engine would point the system to the right TTS engine.)

(Edit: I think the norm for android system CPU usage is 10-20%, with occasional spikes of course.)

I'm lookin at it. But none of it really makes to much sense to me

Locke081

Reaction score
Nope; my bad. You said batt. usage, not cpu usage. I don't think it's unusual to have that number for battery percentage use; that just means that of all the power being used now (which could be very little!), your OS is using 58%. Sorry for the misunderstanding!

OP
Bravesfan319

Bravesfan319

Reaction score
Nope; my bad. You said batt. usage, not cpu usage. I don't think it's unusual to have that number for battery percentage use; that just means that of all the power being used now (which could be very little!), your OS is using 58%. Sorry for the misunderstanding!

Ah ok, thanks for the help :)

nuch14150

Reaction score
my Droid Inc. says the android sys is using 58 % of the battery. But my Fascinate says the AS is using 2-3% of the battery. Why? That's weird.