battery usage not working

davezx9

Reaction score
am i the only one getting the error process com.android.settings has stopped unexpectedly. when i try to check the battery usage.. i am rooted and made a few changes to build prop. It did it on stock build prop as well so doubt thats it.has 2.2 and i did factory rest and was still doing it again after about 1 day. sometimes it works mostly not,

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
Try plugging in a charger and unplugging then check it.

Sent from my DROIDX

OP
D

davezx9

Reaction score
still does it.....it will work for a while then back to not working...i am running battery left,anyone else running battery apps and having this problem

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
It happened to me until I did a battery pull. Its been fine since then and I normally check it 1-2 times a day now. Been about a week since I had the issue with it.

MyNewDroidX

Reaction score
Same thing here. Edited the build.prob file and then I was getting this error, until I just plugged in my phone and now it's working?

Here's the crazy thing: My battery last 24hrs! I have never had my battery last more than 16-17hours. Coincidence????

WugFresh

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
battery usage not working; possible solution

Model: DROID X
Android Version: Froyo 2.2 OTA
System Version: 2.3.15.MB810.Verizon.en.US
Root status: Rooted

This problem has been really bugging me, with no solution posted anywhere on forums. I spent forever trying to figure out a way to fix the Force Close battery problem; "com.android.settings has stopped unexpectedly..."

I found a solution; at least I think so (it could just be a coincidence):

1. Download Super Battery by tobyyaa.
2. Install it
3. Charge with it open (or maybe not even, I haven't tried any other way):
4. When its done, unplug it with Super Battery still open.
5. Close out of Super Battery (via back key or home button)
6. Now try out the android battery monitor --> it should work now, and keep working! dancedroid
7. The only drawback so far is it seems that super battery might actually drain the battery according to the android battery monitor (but I don't think its really accurate, because my battery is running really well, better than it ever has before; I think that maybe it displays this because the program was open when I was charging)

--Does this solution work for any of you, or did I just get lucky and the glitch randomly stopped for me?

Hope this helps.

Check out the other apps I use and love:
MyApps at AppBrain.com

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
for the OTA 2.2, it seems to work fine half the time. its a known bug by motorola, too

JDNC

Reaction score
Same problem here. As for my phone, it appears that after bootup from charge it needs approx an hr to gather data then it will work. After it displays battery usage the first time it's ok anytime/everytime I check during the day.

kevinkar

Reaction score
I get this intermittently with 2.2 OTA. I have Battery Watcher installed and it places an icon on the screen that displays current charge level and it's animated when charging. It really doesn't add much other than that.

It happens now and then but is fixed with a reboot. I think there's another app causing a conflict but I have no idea what that might be. It's a minor annoyance but I'd still like to have it fixed.