Battery Tips

mhafizi186

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm using Ninetology Black Pearl II i9400.I need some tips or suggestions about the best utilities for my battery.

Thank you.

Dalvik_Cache

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have found the best thing you can do for battery is ensure that you don't have apps that maintain a persistent connection. Specifically, messenger apps are really bad about this. If you install something like IMO, or Yahoo Messenger, you will tank your battery hard. The other thing is to check and make sure you don't have any apps that have been backgrounded in the process list that still try to phone home. If you have Jelly Bean you can go to Settings > Power > Usage and it will break down the highest battery offender for you. On some devices the camera will keep running, even when its not in the foreground, this hurts bad... Anyhow, I don't know anything about your phone specifically, but thats some good general info. Hope it helps!

eugenerudenko

Reaction score
Mandy is absolutely right about the apps that require constant Internet connection. I also use Energy saving app that automatically turns off Internet connection for the night, when I certainly don't need it (if needed, it can be turned on manually).

imago

Reaction score
Yes, the energy saving apps really did a good job on preventing the draining of the battery on my cellphone! Anyway, thanks MandyMakesApps for the tips!