Battery Temperature?

Concistency

Reaction score
What is the average temperature the phone should be at? Mine is 78 degrees right now, seems high, but probably not, I really don't know. I heard some are in the 100's, not sure if this is true.

Lenagainster

Reaction score
78 is fine, especially if it was sitting in your pocket. I used a widget called Battery Solo Widget, which showed the battery temperature as well as remaining battery life. I've seen my battery temp at 105 after using some apps quite a bit, or after a long conversation. I've used the phone in an extended area where towers are far away, and the phone is putting out a lot of power to keep in touch with the towers, with the resultant shortening of battery life. The phone feels hot to the touch. It eventually cools down and there is no damage. There are safeguards in the phone to prevent overheating.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've seen mine high as 120, but normally in the 80s.

dihtn

Reaction score
I prefer to monitor my battery temperature in Celcius. I believe the phone stops charging @ 50 degrees Celcius. Just easier for me to remember!

blwn327

Reaction score
I have battery solo but tells me "this device does not have temperature sensor"? Any ideas

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Lenagainster

Reaction score
I prefer to monitor my battery temperature in Celcius. I believe the phone stops charging @ 50 degrees Celcius. Just easier for me to remember!
That could be a bit complicated. First, I'd need a Celcius to Celsius converter, then a Celsius to Fahrenheit converter. Besides, 50 doesn't sound nearly as hot as 122.

OP
C

Concistency

Reaction score
That could be a bit complicated. First, I'd need a Celcius to Celsius converter, then a Celsius to Fahrenheit converter. Besides, 50 doesn't sound nearly as hot as 122.
Lol, that's the truth. I don't know celcius to save my life, I would just be downloading apps to convert.