Solved Battery Talk (All Wearables)

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Since turning location off this week when not using it and the new firmware update I'm using just over 20% battery per day of I shut it when I go to bed,~11pm and boot it up at 6am the next morning. Using a black watch background, keeping non used radios off and brightness on auto is really starting to pay off. I still turn gps and location on when walking, still use the phone radio when away from my phone but not keeping them on always makes a big difference.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Today at work a bad s health update (I wrote a thread saying don't update s health) caused my battery to drain from 78% to 15% in under 3 hours . I got a warning saying battery was critically low, do I want to enable Ultra Power Save. I tapped yes. When I left work 5 1/2 hours later my watch was at 2% , still kept up with my steps and sent all notifications I'd been getting from the phone with the ability to reply. It just shut the data network off, turned all screens gray scale and stopped me from accessing apps (games, file explorer, etc) other than messaging and phone call BUT it made it until I got home and uninstalled the update on the phone while the watch was charging. S Health update really ate the battery on the phone and watch (Gear S) . The Fit wouldn't connect to S Health so I don't know if it would've been a battery hog on it also .

Last edited: