Battery sucks after update

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by zz500, Dec 11, 2009.

1. metsnfins

metsnfins Member

Ratings:
    +0
    my battery died last night overnight. i feel asleep with it unplugged at about 80%. i did have meebo running though. when i woke up, it was at 5%. the odd thing is that it said display used 48% of my battery, but was off all night

2. gdoane

gdoane Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I haven't caught the Droid doing this yet, but my Moto Q would get into a mode where it would refuse to charge up. Same manufacturer, and a smart phone. The charging system in the phone simply wouldn't eat until the phone was power cycled.

The Droid has a little white LED by the micro USB port that says "I'm Eating" which, because of my experience with the Moto Q, I watch like a hawk. If I plug the Droid in, I look for that little white light because if I don't see it, I'm going to have a dead Droid that not even a Jawa would want.

It's not much of a charging indicator but so far it works. I like using the computer because the Droid notes that USB connection with it's DRRROOOOIIIIIDDD announcement and I don't have to check out the light.

I do like that the white LED goes out when it's done eating. That's a nice touch. I just wish it had an audio announcement for charging on the wall charger and the car charger like it does when the PC is nursing the baby.

3. aaf709

aaf709 Nice Guy
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +49
    It may be me playing with it more, or I don't have the update settings right, but when I first got the phone it would last 1.5 days. Now I have to charge daily as it can get down to 20% by the end of the day. I even got a second data cable to use at work.

4. captclueless

captclueless Member

Ratings:
    +5
    My battery life is awesome now. I charged my phone thursday night. Friday morning took it off the charger and installed the update. This morning after only a couple of phone calls and doing some facebook stuff, I am still at 80%

5. raven1911

raven1911 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My battery life is definitely worse after the update. I fully charged the battery before bed, unplugged the phone @ 11pm and when I woke up at 4am my battery had drained to 80% sitting next to my bed with the screen off. WTF? I have changed nothing in apps or usage. I do have weatherbug installed, which I am thinking of removing as it seems to be a common denominator with people that have bad battery life. I just don't understand this. I have to carry my charging cable with me now to charge the phone in afternoon or it will be dead by evening. I gotta figure this out.

How about all who's battery life is bad after the update state your apps and maybe we can find out if its an app problem or not?

Does anyone have weatherbug after the update and IS getting GOOD battery life?

6. ggpike

ggpike New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    No weatherbug installed for me. Phone fully charged this morning via the dock, but after 20 min of talking on it, the battery was nearly dead. This is extremely frustrating.

7. raven1911

raven1911 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So much for my weatherbug common denominator idea:mad: Any other suggestions? I am not sure what else is running on my phone that could be draining it. Of course I have gmail and two yahoo email accts on the phone. No calendars syncing yet. I am dumbfounded. I have taken battery out once and restarted phone twice to no avail.

8. ggpike

ggpike New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well, I updated Beautiful Widgets, which I held off from doing, and that seems to have helped some . . . I'm keeping an eye on it to see if it actually helped or if I'm imagining things.

9. smin41

smin41 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I noticed the same thing, I thought I was crazy at first but I definetly feel the battery life has got worse since the OTA update. Since the update everything else is great, phone runs much smoother, less crashing etc.. its a bit of a bummer because battery life is so important!!

10. mjs31

mjs31 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    First off...let may say I was not getting on any first time posters...we are all there at one time. Just the part about not wanting any people not having the issue to post threw me. This being said...I dont keep my brightness at max, but near max. My screen is still always my #1 battery eater and then throw in some Wifi, Phone idle (usually up there as well) and the android os. Right now my display says it is the cause of 42% of my battery usage. This being said...no doubt I am getting an increase of at least 20% and probably more. I will say that I made a post a week or so ago because my battery was draining extremely fast. I deleted a bunch of apps and did a battery pull and have never had the issue again. Hind site would say I should have done the battery pull first and check but oh well. I still believe it was one of the 15 apps I deleted that was doing the damage.

11. A.C.Sanchez

A.C.Sanchez Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The update has DRASTICALLY improved my battery life. I thought it was bad at first, but last night I decided to fully drain then charge. Today I took my phone off the dock at 930am. I'm at 14 hours right now, and battery widget says 70%. 70!! Completely awesome. Only moderate use today, but enough to know that pre update I would be around 40% right now. For those of you having issues, try a full drain.

12. arcsum68

arcsum68 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    worse for me, no changes in anything at all

Search tags for this page
android, virus battery, eater
battery sucks s5 after update
battry life sucks after update

droid charge os update sucks

droid dna excessive batery usage after update
update android 4.4 battery sucks