Battery sucks after update

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by zz500, Dec 11, 2009.

1. NvrEnough

NvrEnough Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My Battery Life improved Greatly after the update. Unplugged since 7am running browser and many apps all day. Finally hit about 35% but thats after pushing it all day.

No phone use but multiple texts and browsing/DL. Im impressed.

2. jstafford1

jstafford1 Super Moderator
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +1,820
    Twitter:
    jstaff79
    I was using advanced task killer but I did install a different weather widget after the update that looked better on my home screen. I mentioned before I'm getting rid of some apps and widgets to narrow it down, hopefully its just a simple miscalc on my part with the apps I picked up. Guess it is hard to compare when you make a lot of changes at the same time.

3. keiichi25

keiichi25 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The chief diagnostic method of solving a problem - Change one thing, then observe.

If you change too many things, you will not get much idea of what solve or created the problem short of going back to methodology #1 - Change one thing and then observe...

4. jstafford1

Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +1,820
    Twitter:
    jstaff79
    Yeah I understand that approach, use it all the time at work for diagnosing issues. Looking at what I installed I think it was the weather widget (weatherbug) uninstalled and did some web surfing and that seemed to help a good bit.

5. b40huckers

b40huckers New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello...new to forum and as my first post this thread IS THE REASON. I noticed my phone updated last night, today my phone went dead before noon and I was not even using it. WTF? I hope it was a one time glitch.

6. captclueless

captclueless Member

Ratings:
    +5
    wow. I got my update this morning. Unplugged it from the charger and took 2 phone calls totalling about 3 minutes of talk time and my battery indicator still shows full charge. My battery life is greatly improved so far.

7. jstafford1

Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +1,820
    Twitter:
    jstaff79
    I think battery life is going to be very dependant on your apps and settings

8. italiantrucker2

Ratings:
    +0
    i have less too i have not changed a thing had my droid over a month watched all the talk about short battery life and mine was great the hole time now its gone fast so same thing here it did bad for me not happy at all

9. jstafford1

Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +1,820
    Twitter:
    jstaff79
    Well been off charge for almost an hour and hasn't dropped any percentage. I'm pretty sure it was either the weatherbug widget itself or its settings.

10. bergdev

bergdev Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I noticed the improved battery performance right away. I took it off the charger at 7 AM and even turned on WiFi (something I don't normally do). I spent the entire day in a marginal wireless environment, took a handful of calls, browsed the web a bit, read some email (GMail only, no Outlook nonsense), went out for lunch, demo'd the phone to a couple of folks and by 3 PM, the "copper top" of my battery indicator was black. I turned on Bluetooth for the drive home (30 minutes) but never actually used it. Experimented after I got home to see if voice dialing was fixed - it wasn't :-(

It's not 7:40 PM and my battery is sitting at 60%. The status shows the following battery users.
    27% voice calls
    24% display
    15% phone idle (what's that?)
    12% WiFi
    12% Cell Standby
    04% Android system
    04% Android OS
    04% Android core apps

I use the Weather Channel's widget which does its updating thing. But I only turn on GPS when I need it, which to day was never.

Is it possible that the update somehow triggered some apps to either sync more frequently or turn on the GPS?

11. wil318466

wil318466 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hmm.. as the above poster mentioned, go into "spare parts" app, then click on "bettery history" and see what has been using the mose juice.

The culprit for me is leaving bluetooth on. I switched my settings so that when I plug in the phone bluetooth is on, and when I unplug it it turns bluetooth off. Works like a charm for me (I plug my phone in when I'm in the car every time).

-Wil

12. meaker

meaker Member

Ratings:
    +2
    I just had my phone swap out for signal issues and it has very bad battery life.. This phone had teh update in it when they gave it to me..

Search tags for this page
android, virus battery, eater
battery sucks s5 after update
battry life sucks after update

droid charge os update sucks

droid dna excessive batery usage after update
update android 4.4 battery sucks