Battery stats

Lawdawg75

Reaction score
How do you wipe battery stats and will this improve battery life ?

Sent from my DROIDX

trook

Reaction score
You wipe battery stats by booting into clockwork and going to advanced, you'll see battery stats right there. If you switch roms a lot it would help with the battery.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

kptphalkon

Reaction score
Trook is absolutely correct.

If you only use one rom or stock droid, then wiping stats will not help. The phone continuously calibrates your max/empty capacity and resetting it will (maybe) let it think that you have more, if for a few days

From what i've read having the phone tell you you're at full when the batt is only charged to 90%, and empty when it still has 20%, is a very good thing. Preserves battery life over the entirety of you having the phone.

Sent from the F-Zero cockpit on my D2G

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
What wasn't mentioned and most important is to fully charge the phone before rebooting into CW and wiping your stats :)

//Tap'd on CM8's DX\\

KHeeney5

Reaction score
What wasn't mentioned and most important is to fully charge the phone before rebooting into CW and wiping your stats :)

//Tap'd on CM8's DX\\

I've heard to charge it to 100%, unplug, wipe stats, and let it die completely. Then keep it turned off, and once it is at 100%, turn it back on and you're good to go!

Mrgrey06

Reaction score
Been having a weird issue with my phone. I want to check the battery stats, and its keeps showing as if I just connected it recently, which i haven't. I connected it last four hours ago.

Reaction score
You could try deleting the battery stats, either manually or with one of the apps on the market that does it (I remember this being a secondary function of something I used... maybe CWR?).

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If you decide to delete the batterystats file be sure to charge the phone to 100% first or your battery meter's accuracy will be screwed up.

Mrgrey06

Reaction score
Thanks. How do I do it manually? Never done that before.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Thanks. How do I do it manually? Never done that before.

Boot into clockwork and batterystats in in the Advanced section.

You can also do it from Root Explorer: navigate to Data/System and long press the batterystats.bin file and select delete. I don't recall that this area is "read only". If it is, press the R/O button to change it to R/W and then delete the file.

Reboot and you're good to go. Of course if you do it from Clockwork you only have to Boot, not reboot.:):)
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

mattym320

Reaction score
How does one go about wiping battery stats? Does this actually help life?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
If you have Clockwork I believe it's within the "advanced" settings and you can wipe battery settings from there. Before doing so make sure you have a full battery.

Some say it helps to wipe battery stats after awhile, but I only calibrated it once and get great battery life. Anytime I flash a new ROM is when I also wipe the battery stats.