Battery spent the night in the rain

nitrate

Reaction score
So I was unloading things from my car and my battery fell out of my pocket and spent the night outside in the rain.. Its been drying for a few days... Do I dare stick it back into my phone? I hate to buy another one, or mess up my phone by putting it back in my phone. What's everyone think?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Jonas

Reaction score
I dropped a Droid 2 global in the bathtub, and it was completely submerged. When I fished it out, needless to say, the phone was finished. But when I got my replacement phone, I kept using the battery that had taken a spill, and I have not seen a problem out of it. But I may be unique, and $5 is a lot cheaper than replacing your phone.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Do not turn your phone on until you know for certain it is 100% dry. It has nothing to do with a new battery. What ruins your phone when wet is that the water in the phone causes it to short circuit when you turn it on. Water, electronics and juice do not mix. Water by itself is fine. Water and electronics is fine. Add juice, not fine but fried!

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Oops, sorry... I need to pay attention more to what I am reading. I thought your entire phone spent the night in the rain. Your battery is probably fine. They are pretty water proof.

OP
N

nitrate

Reaction score
Thanks for the input. Luckily my phone wasn't in on this adventure. My profile isn't accurate any more, my signature is though. A bionic battery is a bit more than 5 bucks.. More like 45.. Otherwise I would have tossed our already!

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Take it to a verizon store, explain what happened and see if they are able to test it for you or even to offer their opinion. They may be able to test it on one of their demos. I am pretty certain your battery is fine.

usher6360

Reaction score
Put the battery in a bowl of rice for 5 hours, believe me, it works.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

OP
N

nitrate

Reaction score
I didn't have any rice.. Waited around 5 days, extended battery died.. I caved, phone hadn't blown up yet, seems to be alright. Thanks for every ones input.