Battery Saving Techniques

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
Here in the NY area we learn to use small wallets and always carry it in a front pocket. Plus you never keep money in your wallet. Bills are kept in another pocket.

And I hate sitting on a wallet, hurts my sensitive butt. lol

My "wallet" consists of a td bank card holder for all my cards and the cash is loose always in the front... guess it is the NY thing lol

gpa

Reaction score
I do none of those an get 15-18 hours.....

Are you using stock battery? I just got my Incredible and where I work has poor reception. I previously had a Droid X and was getting horrible battery life. At work I would be at 10% or drained by the end of a 10 hour day with light use. With my new Incredible I used the stock battery and still had 20% by the end of my day with moderate use (was playing alot lol). I recieved the 1750 battery last night and am NOT impressed. I charged it from 6pm last night till 6am this morning. In the office I now am down to 39% and its only 10:45am. I took it off charge at 6am. Thats worse than the X by far! Im sending this POS 1750 back to Amazon and putting my Stock battery back in at lunch.

Last edited:

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't have an Incredible so ymmv:
-no task killer
-no antivirus
-uninstall apps/widgets that run on startup/in background if you can help it
-no live wallpapers (some are worse than others but they all use juice). A red image supposedly uses the least power.
-ok to leave gps on. Apps will turn it off when done...unless you're experiencing the droid x no sleep bug
-ok to leave wifi on. It uses less power than 3g so let your phone use it...again unless you're on a droid x (no sleep bug)
-once/month update PRLs via *228...or at least once in a while
-once/month run battery down til phone shuts off. Charge battery all the way. This calibrates phone/battery
-display usually uses most battery power. I leave mine on auto brightness but turn it down if you can stand it
-try not to leave your phone where it gets poor reception

Last edited:

and1619

Reaction score
I was just told by an employee at Verizon that the battery for the HTC touch pro 2 fits the Droid Incredible and lasts longer. He had it in his phone. You can get it on ebay for about 10 bucks. I haven't ordered it yet but plan to.

spin303

Reaction score
Anyone recommend a certain site/company to get an extended battery? I noticed some earlier posts in here about a 1750 mAh SEIDIO. Is that the best one to get?
Thanks!

I recently bought the Seidio Innocell 3500 mAh Extended Life Battery from Amazon.com for $60 (after tax and shipping). It is a MAJOR upgrade from the shoddy stock battery. The stock battery only lasted about 8 hours (on a good day), the the 3500mah battery lasts 2-3 days depending on your usage. My only gripe about the DINC was the battery life, but now I love the phone because I can actually leave GPS on and run multiple widgets. Of Course if your goal is to max out the battery, follow some of the steps above (Turn off "Always on Data", GPS, Wi-Fi, etc). FYI: The 3500 is big and will make the phone thicker.

Here is the link to Amazon:
Amazon.com: Seidio Innocell 3500 mAh Extended Life Battery for HTC Droid Incredible (Black): Cell Phones & Service

pcar1947

Reaction score
I own the 3500 and it is great. Also bought the protective case for the extended battery. Use the phone daily while I work for email, GPS and it has not let me down!

JustinMakaila

Reaction score
juicedefender and/or juiceplotter work for me, and give me an estimate ( X hours and X minutes) of how much battery i have left, which i find much more convenient than having a percentage