Battery reporting problem?

karmastorm

Reaction score
Twice now, my Droid has randomly reported that the battery level is at critical (5% left). However, I know this cannot be the case as the phone was only recently charged to 100%. Rebooting the phone seems to be the only way to fix the problem.

I have been using Battery Widget since I first got the phone in December, but the issue only started happening in the past couple of weeks. Has anybody else experienced this issue or know what the problem might be?

Silver Member
Reaction score
have you thought about removing your battery widgets to eliminate the possibility that it caused this?

how are you charging your phone? wall? PC?

are you making sure the cable is completely secure?

OP
K

karmastorm

Reaction score
have you thought about removing your battery widgets to eliminate the possibility that it caused this?

Not yet. I wanted to see if anybody else has experienced this problem before going that route as I rely on the Battery Widget to let me know when I need to charge.

how are you charging your phone? wall? PC?

are you making sure the cable is completely secure?

Charging it via the wall charger and yes, cable is secure. It's never happened when it's connected and/or charging.

lakeshow

Reaction score
My wife and I each have a droid and it has happened to both our phones, mine twice. Neither of us have any battery widgets installed.

Silver Member
Reaction score
it's happened to my wife's DROID once and me none. i use a cradle, she uses the cable. i've accounted these problems to not seating the cable correctly.

rkrdr

Reaction score
It happened to me just yesterday...I attributed it to not sitting in the cradle properly overnight, and thus not charging. I turned the droid off and later in the afternoon powered it back up to charge....to my surprise, the battery indicated 90%. I do not use any battery widgets.

OP
K

karmastorm

Reaction score
it's happened to my wife's DROID once and me none. i use a cradle, she uses the cable. i've accounted these problems to not seating the cable correctly.

Curious as to why you think it's the cable connection. Once it's charged and disconnected, the battery seems to discharge fine. It's only until later that it seems to go crazy. It seems to be random as to when it actually starts misreporting, but I can't be sure about that as I haven't been observing it that closely. I just know that it's not something that occurs immediately after disconnecting.

Silver Member
Reaction score
are you sure you're just not draining the battery?

lakeshow

Reaction score
Ours wasn't a drained battery as the battery goes back up to a nominal state after waiting a bit or after a restart.

OP
K

karmastorm

Reaction score
are you sure you're just not draining the battery?

Yeah, it's not battery drain. I've checked the battery usage statistics. Usage pattern is the same as well.