Battery reported low when it wasn't

pattib

Reaction score
I spent yesterday home sick, so my Droid got used very little-- mostly it sat idle, but I did use the alarm clock on it, and hit snooze several times.

Near the end of the day, the phone started reporting that there was less than 5% left on the battery, and I should plug it in or something horrible would happen. This seemed really weird to me, but I assumed that something weird had happened to suck down the battery.

I plugged it in and checked the battery level within a few seconds of doing so, and it reported 60% battery remaining. That's about what I would have expected given the usage pattern. I unplugged the phone, and the charge stayed at 60%.

It seems like the phone was erroneously reporting a low battery condition, rather than the phone mysteriously having drained itself and then magically recharged in ten seconds.

Has anyone else seen this?

BurtB

Reaction score
Every once in a while mine will show less than 15% and then a few minutes later show over 50% again

levon1830

Reaction score
Same happened to me. My phone actually shut off several times because of this. When I plugged the charger in, the phone immediately showed I had 60% battery remaining.

theillest1

Reaction score
Yeah this just happened to me today. My battery was at 90% and then I took it out of my pocket an hour later and it was at %5 and a message popped up indicating that I needed to charge my phone. So as son as I plugged it in it jumped up to %60. I hope this doesn't happen again. My girlfriend reported a similar issue with her G1 recently. WTF?

DebDroid

Reaction score
I had an incident like that only I didn't have my charger so I turned off my phone. I turned it back on later to troubleshoot and the battery was fully charged? LOL I got the blinking red light and everything before that and had only used it for email and light texting. Weird huh?