Battery reads differently in another phone

Kizzymae

Reaction score
When in my phone, the battery will drain rapidly and will automatically shut down when it says it has no charge left...BUT, if I take it out (without charging) and place it in my husbands X, it will say it still has over 1/2 of the battery life left.

I have 3 batteries and all 3 do this. Ideas on what is going on? Even if I pull the battery and place it back in my phone, it still will say it has no life left.

flatty

Reaction score
This is a problem when you swap batteries around. Wipe battery stats, and condition the battery your going to use and stick with it.

OP
K

Kizzymae

Reaction score
Can this be done when the phone is NOT rooted? I have no interest in rooting.

This is a problem when you swap batteries around. Wipe battery stats, and condition the battery your going to use and stick with it.

flatty

Reaction score
Do a full charge + half an hour or until your battery is cool. Then use the phone normally until it powers down on its own. Then repeat the charge cycle above. This should get the OS in sync with the battery.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Do a full charge + half an hour or until your battery is cool. Then use the phone normally until it powers down on its own. Then repeat the charge cycle above. This should get the OS in sync with the battery.

First part right, second wrong. Don't let the phone shut down on it's own. This deep discharging can result in an unresponsive phone, often called "black screen of death", and also cause phones to be unresponsive to a charger.

Use the phone until the low battery warning. There's a reason why it says "plug your phone into the charger now". The desired effect of calibrating the charger to the actual battery levels will be accomplished since the low battery threshold sets at 15%.

If you do have to use the phone beyond the 15% low battery threshold warning, be sure to plug in as soon as possible. In any situation if the phone does .power down for a low battery, be absolutely sure to plug in immediately afterwards and don't delay. The battery will continue to lose power even with the phone off, and this can lead to the issues above.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Last edited:

flatty

Reaction score
This is most likely correct. I have heard of this situation but have never experienced it. Most people get them selves out of it with a charged battery.