1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Battery readings

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by Art Vandelay, Jun 9, 2011.

1. Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay New Member

I'm curious to know what your battery readings are at full charge. Its to my assumption that a full charge is just over 4200mV. My phone will not charge above 4191 and reads 100% at around 4000.

Reason I ask is I don't get great bat life and thinking if this is the issue. I use battery calibration and it helps, but still not great. I'm rooted running SS5.4 with 1.25ulv kernal set to interavtive

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  2. telex9471

telex9471 New Member

I have had those battery issues as well and it seems to only happen to me with gingerbread roms. I go back to froyo and get correct and good battery life. U can try to do the whole charge the phone all the way and reset the battery status and left the phone die but that has never made a difference to me.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  3. Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay New Member

Yeah, my battery is over year and a half. I think its just at the end of its life. I probably didn't fully charge on the first use like they say to do and I use whatever charger is laying around regardless if its made for the Droid. I have it in the car charger in the sun for extended periods of.time. So I think its shot. I've dine the whole charge to 100% and use battery calibration app the complete drain and xomplyete charge. Also found a thing where you charge to 100% manually delete bat stats.bin file reboot, remove battery during reboot and put back in which didn't work at all.for me.

So ill get a new battery. Anyone have experience with the fake OEM batteries on Amazon that are like $10?

4. Gunslinger

Gunslinger New Member

I got this on Amazon for dirt cheap. It's a real OEM Motorola battery, same logos and everything as my original Droid battery.
  5. Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay New Member

I just went and ordered that one. Although I don't believe it is a true OEM battery for $4 shipped it's worth a try.

To give you an idea of how bad my battery is. After 4 hours and 14 min I'm at 10% with the following:
    Display 59%
    Droidforums 6%
    Cell standby 6%
    Voice calls 5%
    Phone idle 5%
    Android is 5%
    Gmail 5%
    Phandroid 3%
    Browser 2%
    Android system 2%
    Friend caster 2%

Last edited: Jun 9, 2011
  6. Gunslinger

Gunslinger New Member

Kind of weird your totals don't add up...only 56%. Mine only add up to 90%, but that may be because I'm on the charger right now.
  7. Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay New Member

Sorry display is 59% not 15%, I fixed it.

8. Spook

Spook New Member

Don't know if this will help if your battery is near its end-of-life, BUT... I read somewhere that Gingerbread is not programmed to charge your battery to its fullest, just about there...

So they recommended that if you wanted to really fully charge your batt, you should let it charge until your phone says it's at 100%, then plug out... then power off, plug in, power on... when the charging light goes out, plug out, power off, plug in, power on... like that for about 4 or 5 times.

Troublesome for a couple of Volts, huh?
  9. bigeric828

bigeric828 New Member

Well when you calibrate, make sure you charge it to 100% + a few hours.

typically i keep my phone charged until it reads about 4200MV. Now when you take it off the charger it will drop but hopefully not too severely. Today when i took it off it dropped to like 4160 or something which is solid.
  10. speedfreeq

speedfreeq New Member

I recalibrated mine (and do each time I flash a new ROM) using zeppelinrox' method:

xda-developers - View Single Post - Battery Calibration

It made a HUGE difference in how well my battery fully charges. With SS5.4 and the LV 1GHz kernel at 900MHz, I'm getting 12+hrs to 20%, with normal usage.

Once a day or so, I'll check Settings>Applications>Running to see what apps are starting themselves. Pandora, PowerAmp, Facebook are some of the frequent offenders. I'll kill them off or clear cache & reboot to pull back some RAM.
  11. Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay New Member

That sounds insane. A new battery is on the way, so ill just deal with it for a week or so more.

12. bigeric828

bigeric828 New Member

Battery calibration in the market is a great app for calibrating. No downtime at all.
  13. Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay New Member

Tried this method with no luck, actually gave me worse battery.

I've had best luck with battery calibration app.

The battery icon on my phone now says 0, but its still on and I have 5% if I go in to phone status.

Thanks for the help, hopefully a new battery fixes this.

14. Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay New Member

One more thing, the battery calibration app is telling me 5% and 3479mV. Does this make sense? If my battery is just about dead why would it have so many mV left?

15. bigeric828

bigeric828 New Member

PHP:
    Nah thats right, i don't know the science behind it lol but thats perfectly fine. Mines typically around 3400-3500 as well when nearly dead.
  16. metalspring

metalspring New Member

Hmm gingerbread doesn't really charge battery fully? What would charging to 100% then rebooting into rzrecovery, wiping battery stats, rebooting into recovery and charging from there would do?

Nvm...nothing changes lol
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2011
  17. RoyR80

RoyR80 New Member

I charge mine with my bluetooth charger. It charges at 600ma.. I get great battery life, My batt is 2 years old, it charges to 4200mv, and drops to 4198mv the second i pull it from the charger and i think 10% is around 3500mv

20-30 talk time, 30ish txts, and wordfued for 3 hrs, all / day, and i usually have 20% before bed. (imho, i get good batt life)

I usually bring my batt to full charge before flashing new ROM, keep on charger and before I reboot after installing my rom thru recovery, i wipe batt stats, reboot. :)