Battery reading incorrect

alm0614

Reaction score
I ordered a spare motorola battery and an external charger. I charge the spare battery til the charger says its full, then put it in my phone. Without 4 hours it is down the 40% (normal battery would be at 70%). I take the battery out, wait a lil, but the battery back in and reboot and its at 60. this happens again, when it gets to 20% i pull again and after reboot its at 40%

any ideas?

Skull One

Reaction score
I ordered a spare motorola battery and an external charger. I charge the spare battery til the charger says its full, then put it in my phone. Without 4 hours it is down the 40% (normal battery would be at 70%). I take the battery out, wait a lil, but the battery back in and reboot and its at 60. this happens again, when it gets to 20% i pull again and after reboot its at 40%

any ideas?

That is caused by /data/system/batterystats.bin and the Android OS trying to do battery drain predictions. If you are rooted, simply delete that file when you do a battery swap. Otherwise you are going to have to leave with it since the OS assumes you only have one battery.

OP
A

alm0614

Reaction score
I am rooted, so i have to delete that file everytime i swap batteries.. i swap every afternoon around 5-6pm