Battery Reading Changes on Reboot

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by twentydeuce, Oct 7, 2010.

1. twentydeuce

twentydeuce Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I woke up this morning with a 70% battery life. I rebooted the phone and it went to 90%. Not sure which was true but when I plugged it in, it went to 100% in about 15 mins. Anyone else experience this?

I'm using SS4.8 and with the Chevy Kernel that comes with it. I've since gone to a Slayer kernel that works best with my phone.

2. droidkevlar

droidkevlar Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I can fully charge my phone from being at 20% in about an hour, so that sounds about right.

3. twentydeuce

twentydeuce Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm not really talking about the time it took to charge the phone, but the issue with different battery level reads after a restart.

4. droidkevlar

droidkevlar Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I was answering part of your question or maybe I just misread it. Ne ways.....I did notice after first installed 4.8 that my batt reading was weird. Like said 50% before installing 4.8 and then rebooted and was at 70%. I did a batt pull, fully charged, then let almost die and recharged and it hasnt happ since on a reboot. But I also do this for every new ROM, just a force of habit. Does it still happen for you after reboots? Or just that one time?

EDIT: If this still happens for you, try wiping batt stats to see if that fixes it.

5. heavyvino

heavyvino Member

Ratings:
    +0
    That seems to be the norm, different reading after reboot, I have SS 4.8 and the wife has stock 2.2 and both phones do that. My coworker has a droid and asked if that was normal. I am basing my answer off of my personal knowage of 3 phone all doing the same thing.

6. Riley

Riley Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am running SS 4.91 with the low v 1.0 Ghz kernel and I use setCPU for profiles......I noticed my batt % jumping around too.....mainly on a reboot or like this AM it said 20% when I booted it.....plugged it in and with 15 minutes was at 70%....seems odd.....

7. dboss007

dboss007 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    This happens to me as well, except not during reboot. Usually I pick-up my phone and the battery might be around 40% and then after using it for a minute or so, it drops rapidly to 20%... Weird!

8. Riley

Riley Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah that is like mine. I wonder if it's a script or calibration thing? Not a huge deal at all......just curious.

Search tags for this page

android phone battery level changes on reboot

battery level changes after rebooting my droid x2
droid battery inaccurate after reboot
rebooting changes battery reading