1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Battery pull question

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid' started by snmemx, Feb 2, 2010.

1. snmemx

snmemx New Member

I've noticed my Droid running a little slow on email retrieval (gmail) and was curious if anyone had any thoughts on the subject of battery pulls. On my old Blackberry Storm I used a program that automatically rebooted the phone each night to clear memory. I know the Android software is far better than the Berry at memory management and I've also got ATK installed and use that periodically, however I'm curious if there's a software program that'll reboot the phone or if it's sufficient to just turn off the power on the Droid and leave it for a few minutes for memory to clear out.

Thanks!
  2. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

When you say slow in gmail retrieval are you saying in regards to how fast it comes up on a computer?

In any case battery pull shouldn't have anything to do with it. If I were you I'd remove ATK, many of us feel that itself causes the phone to slow up by interfering with memory management. But I still don't think that will speed up your mail delivery.
  3. snmemx

snmemx New Member

It's slow in opening an email on the Droid. This thing is so blazingly fast I've gotten spoiled...the last day or so there's 1-2sec of latency between when I click on an email message and when it opens on the phone.

I went ahead and deleted ATK. I can see where manually killing apps could cause some problems with the Android OS.
  4. JhankG

JhankG New Member

I actually prefer to use a task killer, although it isn't the one you're using. Advanced Task Manager (not killer) hasn't caused any problems and definitely speeds the phone up when it gets bogged down. With that said, I have never noticed reboots or a task manager to cause the gmail app to retrieve mail any quicker. Could you possibly be somewhere that has a weak 3G signal?
  5. snmemx

snmemx New Member

could be a weak signal...not sure. I'm going to give ATM a try...also turned off the phone after uninstalling ATK. Hopefully it was just a "little crowded in the memory room".
  6. get quad

get quad New Member

Why pull the battery when you can open the keyboard and press Shift-Alt-Del to cold reboot?
  7. snmemx

snmemx New Member

I wasn't aware that was a way to cold reboot...thanks!
  8. Chipolito

Chipolito New Member

Thanks Quad I have been looking in multiple forums for that exact thing!!! Now do you know if widgetlocker can replace using the top power button to wake the phone up?

Thanks, again!!!
Search tags for this page

android battery pull

android what is a battery pull

battery pull android

how to do a internal battery pull android
internal battery pull droid
what is a android battery pull