Battery Pull App?

efexay

Reaction score
Use to have an app that did this with 1 tap of the widget. Can't remeber the name but it was a little red power button as a widget.

I just don't want to take my case apart every time, ya know?

dancedroid

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
You have to do it often enough to require a widget? Something's wrong....

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Use to have an app that did this with 1 tap of the widget. Can't remeber the name but it was a little red power button as a widget.

I just don't want to take my case apart every time, ya know?

dancedroid

No, I don't know. Why do you need to do a battery pull? It's not necessary with a Droid.

The only time you should pull your battery on a regular basis is if you're like me and you are putting a freshly charged battery in. Other then that it's extremely rare that the Droid needs a battery pull or that it will even be effective.

I think if you are having some issue that's causing you to do this then you probably are running some app that's giving you an issue. The battery pull isn't what's fixing it for you, more then likely it's a reset of the phone.

OP
efexay

efexay

Reaction score
You have to do it often enough to require a widget? Something's wrong....

Completely agree. I had that widget during the early Droid I times. Was a lot of rebooting trying different stuff. Now on R2Droid, I don't reboot at all but for instance, this app I installed, recommended I reboot to clear my DNS cache. I don't feel like taking my case off. It's on their good and a pain to get off/on

Last edited by a moderator:

harrellj

Reaction score
If all you want to do is reboot, press and hold the power button, it'll give you the option to turn off. Then just power it back on. No need to pull the battery.

PickYourKing

Reaction score
If you are loading a ROM on a rooted droid and get a bootloop, your only option would be pulling the battery so you can boot into recovery to fix the problem. Unless you want your boot screen to loop until the battery dies. So yes, there are reasons for a battery pull.

OP
efexay

efexay

Reaction score
man, I can't believe you guys have never seen this. I think it was part of some battery management app or maybe part of SetCPU? is there a battery skin that shows % numbers instead of green, orange, red? it might be another option in that app.

dylanthecat

Reaction score
There is no way an app can reproduce a battery pull. That is a mechanical separation of power to the device. Unless it also install hydraulics in the battery compartment. Now that could be cool...