Battery profile question

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid X' started by droidphreak, Sep 17, 2010.

1. droidphreak

droidphreak New Member

So what’s the real difference between Performance Mode, Smart Mode and Battery Saver Mode? Im set on the default Smart Mode. I was curious to what really was going on behind the scenes (technically) if I selected one of the other modes.

Thanks all!
  2. Jamb

Jamb New Member

I have wondered check same thing about that, three selections and not much explanation.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
  3. Sydman

Sydman Premium Member Rescue Squad Premium Member

Smart mode just allows for the data time out whenever you choose, and does the auto dim on screen. I thought that was the way to go but I run performance mode all the time and my battery is the same as when I tried the other modes.
  4. Technoman

Technoman New Member

+1 for performance mode
  5. DaRkL3AD3R

DaRkL3AD3R New Member

The other modes allow you to disable the 3G connection after a designated period of time (you choose how long with Smart mode, and 15 minutes with Battery Saver)

Performance forces the 3G connection to stay active 24/7.

So if you can't put your phone down for more than 10 seconds, you wouldn't see a difference and may as well run it in Performance mode. However if you maybe keep yourself occupied for say 30-60 minutes without touching your phone, stick with Smart mode and Data off after 15 minutes. It really makes a big difference over the course of a day if you can't reach a charger for hours on end.

I don't mess with the brightness thing as I prefer to manually keep my brightness on under the bare minimum anyways lol.
Search tags for this page

battery profile smart mode

set battery to performance mode android